Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

More power and more WOW for a ZZ430

I am pretty sure i have a ZZ430 crate engine from http://paceperformance.com/i-5146502...te-engine.html

Its kinda a turd and was wondering if there is a supercharger kit that would bolt up without too much hassle, Ideally i was looking at a Ramjet 502 but just cant justify the $ right now. A blower would get me some more HP and would look cool too.

A blower is pretty costly and so is the carburetor(s) to suit the boost. You shouldn't put too much boost to that engine though, it doesn't have forged pistons which means if it detonates from the timing not being set right or runs lean from too small of carb jets, it could melt the pistons.
      A healthier cam could get you up there more but you risk drive ability.
      I'd personally save for another setup. I'm sure you'll get more opinions

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Ya i was pretty sure a blower wouldnt work too well, at least not if i ever wanted to "Use" it. Looks like i better start saving up for that 502 or maybe the 572 hehe.

Thanks BTW for the reply.
      1969 Camaro 572ci BBC, Built T350, Flowmaster headers, Foose wheels

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com