Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      That surely was painful to cut chrome knowing what is costs to redo it. With most projects, where do you draw the line? I like that you moved the line again.
      It was a little strange cutting into very nice chrome, but I'm too dumb to draw a line ;-)
      Thanks
      Pat

Quote Originally Posted by keepat View Post
      It was a little strange cutting into very nice chrome, but I'm too dumb to draw a line ;-)
      Thanks
      Pat
      That's alright your in good company, not knowing when to quit....
      What have the other bumpers cost to get them done? Just a ball park figure.

Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      That's alright your in good company, not knowing when to quit....
      What have the other bumpers cost to get them done? Just a ball park figure.
      Wayne,
      The rear bumper on my 72 TA was about $900.00 just for chrome only, no repair or modifications.
      Thanks
      Pat

Pat, that surprised me. It's been years since I had any chrome work done. I think I'll go back into the cave, now.

The front bumper is now ready to head to the Paul's. Cut about 3/4 of an inch out of the front 3/8" from each side.
      Thanks
      Pat

Before

After

Before

After

Quote Originally Posted by keepat View Post
      Wayne,
      The rear bumper on my 72 TA was about $900.00 just for chrome only, no repair or modifications.
      Thanks
      Pat

Ah I guess my bumpers don't stick out too much.......... Maybe some day, it does make a big difference.
      Wayne

Much respect for taking the time to fit all the bumpers and panels perfectly. No one likes doing it but it is what ends up being the difference between a good build and an amazing one! Keep up the attention to detail!

Quote Originally Posted by Centerforce View Post
      Much respect for taking the time to fit all the bumpers and panels perfectly. No one likes doing it but it is what ends up being the difference between a good build and an amazing one! Keep up the attention to detail!
      I do enjoy the details but it is time-consuming :-(
      Thank you
      Pat

I just got to thinking about tucking bumpers. Designers were trying to protect the car from surface damage so the bumpers stick out from the body. Good hotrodders come along and say "that's not cool." And we know the end result. It's going to be great when completed.

With moving the rear bumper tighter to the car I had to shave the bumper guards to fit the lower valance. Started by removing the lower mounting tab and grinding away approximately 3/16" on the bottom edge to clear the valance. Then welding the tab back on.
      Thanks
      Pat

Here you can see how much I needed to grind off

Nice work.
      Wayne

Front valance required more work than the tail panel as there were a lot of factory imperfections. Someone also cut a couple of notches that required welding, just when I thought I was done with all the metalwork. Back to the block sanding :-(
      Thanks
      Pat

At least your running out of areas to fix, They're all done. Nice job.
      Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      At least your running out of areas to fix, They're all done. Nice job.
      I hope!
      Thanks
      Pat

At the Pueblo NSRA event, I walked around a black 32 Ford 2 door sedan. The owner was standing behind it. He was in his 80's. He asked, "do you see anything wrong with it"? That was an invitation to a lot of things. I said, no. Your charger is going to be the same way. Someone that builds and knows about the details will smile when they walk away. Everyone else will just think it's another black car or a charger if they're more knowledgeable. The few people that will know are the reward in the public for what you are doing. To maintain the stock appearance and refine all the production items is quite a task. Keep plugging my man.

At the Pueblo NSRA event, I walked around a black 32 Ford 2 door sedan. The owner was standing behind it. He was in his 80's. He asked, "do you see anything wrong with it"? That was an invitation to a lot of things. I said, no. Your charger is going to be the same way. Someone that builds and knows about the details will smile when they walk away. Everyone else will just think it's another black car or a charger if they're more knowledgeable. The few people that will know are the reward in the public for what you are doing. To maintain the stock appearance and refine all the production items is quite a task. Keep plugging my man.
      Thank you sir, I just hope I'm not in my 80s when I'm finished with this car ;-)

That is a question that I will never ask . I've done all my own bodywork and paint and I know there all the flaws are and I'm not a paint and body man by trade . It's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than it was and I did it myself . You have done some beautiful work there my friend .

Country Flag: Australia
      just a question bud, were you doing flush mount windows?
      Mopar or no Car
      Your either with us or Behind us

Quote Originally Posted by benno505 View Post
      just a question bud, were you doing flush mount windows?
      No sir, I will polish all of the original window trim and it look as if it was stock
      Thank you
      Pat

I took a little break from the block sanding and bodywork and started making the aluminum front bumper brackets. Made a paper template of the driver side mounts and was very surprised when I flip the template inside out and it fit perfectly on the passenger side mounts. Need to do some welding and bend up the other 3 mounts.
      Thanks
      Pat

Page 38 of 80 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 48 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com