Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 35 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by keepat View Post
      Curt,
      Always start at the center of the dent and slowly work your way out. Most small door dings only require 2 or 3 spring loaded hits to make flush.
      Thanks
      Pat
      Thank you, I appreciate it. I'm definitely out of my comfort zone when it comes to body work.

With the right side fender hung she is starting to look like a charger again :-)
      Thanks
      Pat

Pat,

I love this build and I am blown away at how much you are doing yourself. How the heck do you find the time to build the paint booth and work on the car. You are insane !!!!

btw I think you should or up a set of Bling Bling wheels for your body dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by keepat View Post
      Off the rotisserie and on four wheels ;-)
      Thanks
      Pat

marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Pat,

I love this build and I am blown away at how much you are doing yourself. How the heck do you find the time to build the paint booth and work on the car. You are insane !!!!

btw I think you should or up a set of Bling Bling wheels for your body dolly.
      To work on old cars with all of your spare time you have to be a little insane!
      I checked on 24" spinners for the Mopar casters, but they only offer them for the impalas and Monte Carlo's ;-)
      Thanks
      Pat

Doors and fenders are closely aligned after a lot of massaging. Just need put the hood on and then I can start on the final gap alignment.
      Thanks
      Pat

It looks good all in one piece. It's coming along nice.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Just in case you've not seen this before. I watched a shop put tape of both sides of the gaps. It sure made it easier to see the areas that need work.

After a few small modifications to both front fenders I installed the front valance and the hood. The trunk lid is next and then I'll start fine-tuning all the gaps.
      Thanks
      Pat

Welded and filed the drivers door gaps. I set the sides at 5/32" leaving room for primer, sealer, base coat, and clearcoat. I had to weld a rod across the bottom of the door to close up the large factory gap that varied between 5/16" and 21/64. Now the bottom of the door is a consistent 7/32. Next up is the passenger door.
      Thanks
      Pat

I sound like a broken record but, beautiful job!

Wayne

Ridiculous.........ly AWESOME

Very nice as always! Question? I have a 85 c10 with inconsistent door gaps. How do you know when to fill or when its just an alignment issue. I went to school for autobody repair and have worked in few shops so I have good grasp on the concepts of straightness and gaps, at the same time in shops I'm used to newer better fitting cars. doesn't help that I haven't worked in a shop in about 5 years though lol.

Looking good! I'm reminded of what a large body that is and how many feet of gaps to improve.

If you use the filler rod to fix another gap could you take a couple progress pictures? It's a pretty common method but I've never seen a detailed write up for it.
      1970 Chevelle: 6.0 L96, T56, Strange 9 Inch, Ridetech Coilovers, Wilwood brakes

1978 Firebird: 6.0 LQ4, T56

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndroundko View Post
      Very nice as always! Question? I have a 85 c10 with inconsistent door gaps. How do you know when to fill or when its just an alignment issue. I went to school for autobody repair and have worked in few shops so I have good grasp on the concepts of straightness and gaps, at the same time in shops I'm used to newer better fitting cars. doesn't help that I haven't worked in a shop in about 5 years though lol.
      The sharp body lines at the top of the door and along the center of the car dictate panel location. I start with getting the body lines on the door to align closest as possible to the quarter panel, then the fender to the door. After that whatever is left of the door gaps is what you have to work with.
      Thank you
      Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by David LaBuda View Post
      If you use the filler rod to fix another gap could you take a couple progress pictures? It's a pretty common method but I've never seen a detailed write up for it.
      Will do!
      Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Looking good! I'm reminded of what a large body that is and how many feet of gaps to improve.
      Thanks for reminding me ;-0
      Pat

Thanks for sharing your methods with us; i'm sure it would do all of us some good to learn another thing or two about bodywork!

We can't wait to see the paint. The anticipation is killing us!

Passenger door gaps took a little more work. I had to add metal rod along the bottom edge and 1/2 of the front edge.
      Thanks
      Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Centerforce View Post
      Thanks for sharing your methods with us; i'm sure it would do all of us some good to learn another thing or two about bodywork!

We can't wait to see the paint. The anticipation is killing us!
      I'm not sure if it's the anticipation, or the process to get it painted but one of the two is killing me ;-)
      Thank you!
      Pat

Nice work Pat. It's going to be amazing once it's painted.
      Wayne

Those pictures were great, thank you. Is there a specific type of rod you're using?
      1970 Chevelle: 6.0 L96, T56, Strange 9 Inch, Ridetech Coilovers, Wilwood brakes

1978 Firebird: 6.0 LQ4, T56

2007 Sierra 2500HD LBZ

Page 35 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com