Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1991 Camaro Z/28 LS1 - T56

FALL PRICE REDUCTION: $12,000
      (Front splitter was scraped driving on the grass to a car show, so I will either have it resprayed or deduct $250 from the price.)

DEAL DID NOT GO THROUGH CAR IS AVAILABLE AT NEW PRICE OF $13,000

(This video was shot on a cold start after the car was sitting for a couple weeks)

5/28 PRICE REDUCED TO $14,000 OR BEST OFFER

1991 Camaro Z/28 with a built LS1 and T56, full coil-over suspension, twin plate clutch, etc.

I purchased this car from the original builder in January of 2013 through this forum, but didn't put it on the road until this Spring. It is incredible to drive, but my plans have changed, so it is now for sale. The build thread can still be found at http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/lt...8-ls1-t56.html if you'd like to see the time and effort put in by the previous owner. This would make a great track day car, but is easy to drive on the street. The twin plate clutch has a light pedal, the rack and pinion steering is well balance, and the ride is surprisingly good. The car pulls very hard, and shows good oil pressure and normal operating temps. There is a very small amount of smoke from the exhaust on start-up, but the engine has less than 200 miles since it was built. Local mechanic whose helping me with a few odds and ends believes this will subside as the rings are seated.

Since I purchased the car, I had new headers and a 3" stainless exhaust with a Magnaflow cat-back installed. The drivetrain was removed with new motor mounts installed, and a couple wiring issues sorted. I'm having a few miscellaneous items taken car of next week (brake lines secured, rear view mirror installed, etc.), but I've put 150 miles on the car with no issues. The ride height has been raised slightly, to account for our roads.

The interior is functional, but could use some finishing depending on a new owners intended use. A 4th gen dash and complete wiring harness have been installed, but the A-pillars and door have not been matched (see picture). When I bought the car, I planned to finish off the interior or reinstall a 3rd gen dash. After driving the car, I don't even notice it.

The body work is very straight, with one minor knick on the front splitter (see picture). The paint is well above average other than the fiberglass hood, and a couple of minor spider cracks in the body skirts. Very hard to notice, but I want to be clear the paint is "high quality driver", and not a perfect show car. The build thread shows the body work in process. This is a very clean, zero rust 3rd Gen with hours and hours spent prepping and painting.

The suspension and drivetrain are detailed below. I pulled this equipment list from the original ad, and nothing has been changed other than the headers, exhaust, and steering wheel. The exterior pictures were taken yesterday, and I apologize the car was not very clean. If it ever gets above 45 degrees, I will get it cleaned up, waxed, and post new pictures.

The car is located in Northern Michigan, and I am asking $16,500 or best offer. Trades possible, but would have to be close in value, and for complete, running vehicles only. Thanks for looking, and please contact me with any questions. IM through this site, and I am usually able to respond the same day.

Equipment List from 2013 Listing:

Tubular K-member: custom made piece from PA Racing, strengthened for road racing and incorporates mounts for a Ford rack and pinion
      Front tubular control arms: Made by BMR
      Spindles: Fabricated by Racecraft inc, incorporate a 2" drop and have a shortened steering arm for the rack and pinion
      Struts: made by Koni and are adjustable
      Upper strut mounts: Made by Spohn, large improvement over stock
      Front coilover kit: Made by Spohn, allows for adjustable ride height
      Outer tie rods: they are a bump steer kit made by Baer brakes
      Rack and pinion: stock piece made for a ford Thunderbird
      Front brakes: Brembo 4 piston calipers with 14" rotors
      Brake lines (all): Made by inline tube
      Radiator: new aftermarket replacement
      Rear end: stock unit from the donor car, but was rebuilt with new bearings and seals, Torsen diff and Richmond 3.73 gears
      Rear shocks: Koni adjustable
      Rear coilovers: made by Koni
      Panhard bar: Made by UMI, tubular, rod ended, fully adjustable
      Panhard relocation: Made by Founders inc, offers more room around the axle for exhaust to be routed
      Exhaust: fabricated with mandrel bends and a pair of Borla S type mufflers
      Wheels: Made by Forgestar, lightweight, fronts are 19x9 rears are 19x11
      Tires: Hankook ventus V12 Evo, fronts 275/30/19 rears 295/30/19

Engine: LS1 block, fully machined
      Rotating assembly: Mahle forged pistons, Mahle file fit rings, Scat rods, new oem crank, Clevite bearings, fully balanced
      Camshaft: Lg Motorsports G6X3
      Lifters: LS7 racing lifters
      Oil pump: new ported LS6 oil pump
      ARP Head studs
      Crane roller rocker arms
      Push rods: Comp cams
      Heads: stock casting 799 heads, with patriot gold dual valve springs, titanium retainers, and locks
      Gaskets: all new and oem
      Intake manifold: Fast 90mm
      Throttle body: Nick Williams 90mm
      Fuel rails: Fast billet rails
      Injectors: OEM gm 32#

Trans: stock t56 speed gear box
      Clutch: Textrailia twin disc clutch
      Hydraulics: New OEM clutch master and slave cylinders
      Shifter: New, made by B&M

Hood: Made by VFN and is an ultra light weight fiberglass piece
      Weatherstripping: All new and OEM GM
      Carpet: new, made by ACC
      Seats: New racing style with openings for racing harness
      Roll bar: New, made by Comp Engineering
      Steering wheel: New made by Momo, suede wrapped
      Fuel lines: New, custom braided lines
      Power window motors: New, OEM pieces
      Belt moldings: new, OEM

Engine photo shows old headers which have since been replaced. I will post updated engine pics, got rained out yesterday.

Last edited by abowman; 05-28-2014 at 05:23 AM. Reason: PRICE REDUCTION

Country Flag: United States
      Seems like a solid deal. Are you trying to make room so you can buy mine? LOL

Turbo Charged LS1/T56

God, if this was a Hard Top.. It would be a great start for me.. Just curious, is it a power rack and pinion or is it a manual?? Great looking car

Thanks

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by LS1-IROC View Post
      Seems like a solid deal. Are you trying to make room so you can buy mine? LOL
      Thanks for the comments on the '91, and I would definitely like to know if you decide to sell your car. My '80 Trans Am is getting a ridetech 4 link and 12 bolt as we speak, so my plan is to focus on one car for a while. Yours has two things I definitely will want in the future the 6spd, and supercharger... might be better off to sell the Trans Am, and buy your car when your ready!

Hope all is well with you and your family,

ab

Quote Originally Posted by qnitro View Post
      God, if this was a Hard Top.. It would be a great start for me.. Just curious, is it a power rack and pinion or is it a manual?? Great looking car

Thanks

Kevin
      Kevin,

It is does have power rack and pinion, and the difference between this car and my 2nd gen is night and day. My Trans Am has a brand new "Iroc box", ridetech control arms, and coil overs, but still doesn't have the steering feel of the '91.

The car is very rigid with a welded in roll bar, all engine bay seems welded, etc. T-tops don't squeak with is another welcome surprise when compared to the 2nd gen car.

Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you have any other questions.

ab

Wow this car is awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by abowman View Post
      Thanks for the comments on the '91, and I would definitely like to know if you decide to sell your car. My '80 Trans Am is getting a ridetech 4 link and 12 bolt as we speak, so my plan is to focus on one car for a while. Yours has two things I definitely will want in the future the 6spd, and supercharger... might be better off to sell the Trans Am, and buy your car when your ready!

Hope all is well with you and your family,

ab
      Our daughter was born 2 months ago..it's been a little tough because she has colic. Couple that with our 2 year old and mom and dad have their hands full...lol I can see there will be little time for the car this summer. If you are ever down this way, let me know, you can come check the car out in person.

Take care!

Turbo Charged LS1/T56

2 under 3... you have my sympathy for sure. I might be "down state" some time in May, and will be sure to let you know. Maybe we could coordinate meeting in person and taking a look your IROC.

Best of luck with the new addition, hope she starts sleeping for you soon (like tonight!)

ab

Quote Originally Posted by LS1-IROC View Post
      Our daughter was born 2 months ago..it's been a little tough because she has colic. Couple that with our 2 year old and mom and dad have their hands full...lol I can see there will be little time for the car this summer. If you are ever down this way, let me know, you can come check the car out in person.

Take care!

Price reduced to $15,900 or best offer.

The car look great put back together glad your went that route. Hope you get to run it around at least a little before someone scoops it up. Should be one heck of a machine.

GLWS
      Brandon Pursley,

Brandon,

I've been able to drive the car several times now, and it flat out goes. Very glad to have it on the road, and kind of hoping it doesn't sell too quickly ;).

Best of luck to you with the sale of the '92, and more importantly with the upcoming addition to the family.

Thanks for you advice along the way,

ab

Quote Originally Posted by BADNBLK View Post
      The car look great put back together glad your went that route. Hope you get to run it around at least a little before someone scoops it up. Should be one heck of a machine.

GLWS

Brandon,

I've been able to drive the car several times now, and it flat out goes. Very glad to have it on the road, and kind of hoping it doesn't sell too quickly ;).

Best of luck to you with the sale of the '92, and more importantly with the upcoming addition to the family.

Thanks for you advice along the way,

ab
      Absolutely Andrew, that's why we come on here. To help each other out and get info and give info. I'm really glad the ways things worked out, as that car really deserves to be put to good use

Thank you for the luck we may need it lol!
      Brandon Pursley,

PRICE REDUCED TO $15,000 OBO.

Windshield wipers being hooked up this weekend.

Will be posting new pictures soon!

PRICE REDUCED TO $14,000 OBO.

Wipers are hooked up, drove the car about 50 miles yesterday with no issues. Stays cool, good oil pressure, ready for summer.

Would take a partial trade for a cruiser with back seat for the kids, or a nice pick-up.

Father's Day Weekend Bump

The Camaro is still available. I have about 500 miles on it now with no problems.

Sent an email to you as well. Just let me know of you have any other questions.

Thanks,

ab

SALE PENDING

Buyer has 48 hours to arrange shipping and send a deposit.

SALE PENDING

Buyer has 48 hours to arrange shipping and send a deposit.
      Hope it all goes well! and... hope who ever buys it keeps us in the loop with it!
      Brandon Pursley,

Thanks...deal may not go through. Buyer is 6'8", and I'm really not sure he will fit. Sent him a few measurements. We'll see.

Might be available again by Wednesday.

Will update this thread when I know for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com