Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: 355 SBC value

Country Flag: United States

355 SBC value

Hey guys I was wondering what you would value a built 355 sbc and 350 transmission both have 500 miles. The owner says the engine has 400 horsepower/Torque. Its currently installed in a 81 trans am i'm considering buying and would take out that engine, sell it, and put in an ls motor. Just trying to gauge roughly how much I could get for that setup. Thanks

I always tell others to take the high road, that way there's more room for me on the low road

Erik Peterson
      1986 Monte Carlo SS Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...6-Nascarlo-2-0

Honestly, not a whole lot. Personally I wouldn't give more than 500 bucks for it, complete.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

355 SBC value

Andrew is a cheapskate though.
      I'd say it's worth 1500 if it's actually 400hp and the trans is rebuilt.
      If it's not actually 400hp and it's just a rebuilt 350 then $500 is more like it ;)

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

It depends....is it a 350 with stock heads and the guy is claiming 400hp? Or is a 350 with some sportsman II's and goodies on it. I sold a good running 350 with double hump heads for $500 bucks a while back. I also sold another well used 350 that was in the 475-500 hp range with Brodix heads and a 4340 rotating assembly and all kinds of goodies for $2400 bucks a year or so ago and it was gone fast. It all depends on what it has in it.
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com