Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      Esçc

Curious, I have a buddy that is about to go manual brakes on his '04 cobra. Will his hydroboost work on my '67 c10?

Just installed a astro van unit on dad's car. Way more stopping power but I can't get the pump to stay quiet when turning or stepping on the pedal.

All I changed was adding the hydro boost unit and putting a return in the reservoir.

Anyone have any ideas

Tim
      86 Mustang
      454 LS3 Mast 4500 intake FTI cam Holley EFI Drag radials and pump gas 9.24 143.73

79 Z28 Bonspeed GT-B DSE front and rear Z51 Brakes 5.3 Holley EFI Vintage Air

Quote Originally Posted by gray86hach View Post
      Just installed a astro van unit on dad's car. Way more stopping power but I can't get the pump to stay quiet when turning or stepping on the pedal.

All I changed was adding the hydro boost unit and putting a return in the reservoir.

Anyone have any ideas

Tim
      What does the fluid in the reservoir look like with the engine running? Are there a lot of bubbles in the fluid? Might need to be "burped" more to get the air out. I jacked the front wheel off the ground and went lock to lock several times while monitoring the fluid level in the reservoir. before i started i turkey basted as much old fluid out and when in with fresh. I am guessing you started with all fresh.

I wouldn't hang a big iron mc out off the end of a hb unit but GM did. I went with a Cadillac unit. Working good so far.

Mine is from rockauto for an 84 Turbo Regal. I'm in it for around $200 with the hb unit, hoses and MC. It is way better than the powermaster it replaced.
      Texas is the only state that could become its own country.

I can get a whole hydoboost unit from a newer Cadillac Would it work on a 70'Monte Carlo?

I have not touched it but before I do I will bleed it again.

Tim
      86 Mustang
      454 LS3 Mast 4500 intake FTI cam Holley EFI Drag radials and pump gas 9.24 143.73

79 Z28 Bonspeed GT-B DSE front and rear Z51 Brakes 5.3 Holley EFI Vintage Air

We make billet hydro-boost brackets:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...1st-Gen-A-Body

Hey Justin, looking to go Hydroboost on my 67 Camaro, any Astro vam year I should look for in my local JY? Any threads that can help me along on putting it all together? Thanks
      67 Camaro

I have a brand new (a1 Cardone rebuilt) unit if you are interested

I recall reading that people were taking lines from some kind of diesel cars, but what car is that? Maybe I'm simply overlooking or forgetting
      NM - mid 80s Olds
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Strange question...I'm considering hydroboost on my S-10 (local Yard has about 50 astro vans) but I'm also entertaining electric power steering. Would I just loop the power steering connections?

Jay

My '69 Camaro is a sort of work in progress... drivable, but it still has the drum brakes all around (don't laugh I bought it knowing it needed stuff) so I'm starting with front discs. This simply a cruise night driver, no racing, no autocross. But it has a built 454 with a CompCam XS274S Cam, and I'm on the fence with regard to a conventional vacuum booster vs hydroboost. I've driven HB Lightnings... the change is like adding a big brake kit. So I'm running 15" rally wheels right now... someday I might go bigger, but I need better stopping power. I'm also on a budget so I'm looking for the most bang for the buck. I did breakout the vacuum gauge, hooked it up to the 3/8" port on the back of the manifold, at idle she's showing about 13-15 inches, no more. Above somebody said if you're making 17-20 on the vacuum you should be fine with a vacuum boost. Is that strictly at idle or what rpm range? Logically you wouldn't be hitting the brakes while accelerating past 3000rpm, you'd be off the gas and winding down. BTW, my local NAPA does make hydraulic lines, I did ask the guy who does it and he suggested getting AN fittings and then its relatively simple. Mini Summary:

15" wheels
      11.2" Rotors (front)
      Rear Drums (until I can afford to convert)

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

Mike

What years Astro vans does one need for a manual to hydro boost swap on a 70 camaro? Also would I need a plate for the swap also?

What makes the astrovan setup preferable to one from a full size truck?

dupe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com