Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Older Ricks Stainless Tank for 69 Camaro

So I have this tank to install in my 69 Camaro. I’ve noticed there seems to be some revisions in the newer designs. My car is getting a LS3 with a full AM chassis. We have plans to road race and auto cross the car. Is this tank usable for track use or will I have fuel starvation issues. I’m considering selling it and having a local supplier in SoCal build me an aluminum tank with the LS9 pump, sump etc.

What are your thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Name:  IMG_2602.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  107.0 KB
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

The fuel tanks are not overly complicated. Even with design changes, if the tank is baffled for fuel injection it should be fine. The newer technology such as the vaporworks is better, but you will get by if you don't run it super low on gas
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Would it be a good idea to do the retro fit this tank for the LS9 pump?
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

C,

Sorry I missed this thread.

The LS9 pump really is not an option for our crowd. It's a 3-phase DC brushless design that requires a very specialized controller that interfaces with the ECM. Plus, it costs $3000+ by the time you're done and does not fit well into our tank envelopes. Mark Stielow changed out several of his LS9 fuel system cars with CTS-V and vaporworx controllers.

If you're running an LS3 and under 600hp the Camaro LS3 fuel module is an excellent choice. After that it's ZL1 or CTS-V.

You may be able to modify your existing tank with this but the top plate would need to be removed as well http://vaporworx.com/retroworx_kit.htm

If you decide to have a fab shop build a tank we can help with parts for that as well. Shoot me an email if needed [email protected]
      Last edited by CarlC; 04-22-2014 at 07:33 PM.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarlC View Post
      C,

Sorry I missed this thread.

The LS9 pump really is not an option for our crowd. It's a 3-phase DC brushless design that requires a very specialized controller that interfaces with the ECM. Plus, it costs $3000+ by the time you're done and does not fit well into our tank envelopes. Mark Stielow changed out several of his LS9 fuel system cars with CTS-V and vaporworx controllers.

If you're running an LS3 and under 600hp the Camaro LS3 fuel module is an excellent choice. After that it's ZL1 or CTS-V.

You may be able to modify your existing tank with this but the top plate would need to be removed as well http://vaporworx.com/retroworx_kit.htm

If you decide to have a fab shop build a tank we can help with parts for that as well. Shoot me an email if needed [email protected]

Carl,

Thanks for the reply. I’d like to find a way to make this tank work provided the cost is reasonable. I wasn’t sure it would work since the access hole appears to be different from the current tanks from Ricks. I’ll be in touch as we get closer.

Corey
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com