Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Herb Adams chevelle front sway bar

Hello I am looking for a herb adams font sway bar for my 1971 chevelle . Is there a place to get new old stock ?

Moroso picked up his sway bars for a number of years might check for soem ol stock of that.
      1978 Black Trans Am 455 Edelbrock heads [email protected] through mufflers on pump gas
      1981 Trans Am 400 stock type motor
      79 Camaro getting a 500" 695 hp IA2 Pontiac motor
      1965 GTO project car
      470ci/Chevy dual quad 409 604 HP 64 Impala SS project
      2004 Pulse Red GTO

Country Flag: Canada
      I would like to get my hands on one also, let us know how you make out.
      72 firebird , SD performance 464" 455,KRE D ports, EZ EFI,Dougs 1 3/4,3.5" custom oval exhaust,TKO600,Kore 3 C5/C6,DSE subframes,Full cage by Radical Rides(Thanks Dave,Johnny,Campbell,Bill,Lee and Gabby!!)

Country Flag: United States
      Was this some sort of magical sway bar? There are at least a dozen vendors that make sway bars for GM A-bodies. Does this bar do soothing that they can't?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Was this some sort of magical sway bar? There are at least a dozen vendors that make sway bars for GM A-bodies. Does this bar do soothing that they can't?

Andrew

Mmm I'm seconding that...(if that's even a word) ...heard of him and them..last I checked there was quite a few manufacturers of A body sway bars. Someone please inform Andrew and myself as to what is different or special about them
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

I don't think are Magic, but there is a certain old school Cache' to them. The big difference was that they use a Heim jointed end link, to the control arm and the bar itself. They were part of a suspension package that also utilized solid bushings and a few other tricks, but always used a softer spring. Herb was a GM engineer and his stuff kind of made cars from the era work as well as they could.
      72 firebird , SD performance 464" 455,KRE D ports, EZ EFI,Dougs 1 3/4,3.5" custom oval exhaust,TKO600,Kore 3 C5/C6,DSE subframes,Full cage by Radical Rides(Thanks Dave,Johnny,Campbell,Bill,Lee and Gabby!!)

Quote Originally Posted by SD455 View Post
      I don't think are Magic, but there is a certain old school Cache' to them. The big difference was that they use a Heim jointed end link, to the control arm and the bar itself. They were part of a suspension package that also utilized solid bushings and a few other tricks, but always used a softer spring. Herb was a GM engineer and his stuff kind of made cars from the era work as well as they could.
      I read Herb's book, so I am familiar with his approach. There are several companies that offer heim joint end links on their bars. But it sounds like you are looking for this part for nostalgic reasons...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I read Herb's book, so I am familiar with his approach. There are several companies that offer heim joint end links on their bars. But it sounds like you are looking for this part for nostalgic reasons...

Andrew
      Its not nostalgia, I just like the design. Can you link me to the companies you mention? I don't really care who makes it if its Heim jointed on the bar and control arm end.

Thanks!

http://www.ridetech.com/store/musclebar-swaybar/

I'll have to dig up some more. I am pretty sure others do this as well...

Andrew

1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com