Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

71 Malibu w/ blown LS3

Well it's probly time I started a build thread here..
      car is probly a 5/10 so were not building a show stopper here, just a fun driver.

features a ls3 from a 11 camaro with our stage 1 blower cam kit engine is stock otherwise. With the addition of a 2.9L Whipple kit.. Were expecting high 600s @ wheel with it @ 10psi

heres a couple pics as of now.. I'll keep you updated.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  271.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  185.3 KBInstalled the ac/heater delete panel. Were runnin Holley hp Efi stand alone management. We bought a ricks stainless tank. But not too happy about the tank. I instructed them to install a aeromotive eliminator in-tank pump for a camaro. What they did was put a walbro 400. Then they told me that it is capable o our demands. Our combo should be high 600's low 700's @ tire. Will be on E85 and requires roughly 30% more volume. The pump they sent may be stretched to 550ish flywheel hp on 91octane. Why can't people just do as they are instructed. It would save me lots of money and headache!! Pretty not happy about my experience with them to say the least..

And here is some other projects we have been workin on..
      01 Camaro SS with our very own custom remote mount turbo setup with a our built 370ci iron block.Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1079
Size:  251.6 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  230.5 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  237.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  199.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  201.0 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  254.2 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  203.4 KB

Also our shop truck 06 Sierra Denalli awd sleeper Project Twister. As of now mods are LS3 Heads, Holley high rise 102, kooks long tube headers, LSXAP built 4L60e Trans with Circle D 3400 stall multi disk with billet hub. Also has our Twister stage 1 cam. Soon to be on E85, and a 200shot wet plate.

In reply to your quote " We bought a ricks stainless tank. But not too happy about the tank. I instructed them to install a aeromotive eliminator in-tank pump for a camaro. What they did was put a walbro 400. Then they told me that it is capable o our demands. Our combo should be high 600's low 700's @ tire. Will be on E85 and requires roughly 30% more volume. The pump they sent may be stretched to 550ish flywheel hp on 91octane. Why can't people just do as they are instructed. It would save me lots of money and headache!! Pretty not happy about my experience with them to say the least."*****That's actually a Walbro 450 lph not a 400 lph fuel pump. Here is a hyperlink to a spec sheet for that 450lph fuel pump-- http://walbrofuelpumps.com/walbro-f9...-fuel-pump-e85 . On that web page you will see that the pump can support well above the 550ish @ the flywheel you claim and it can run E85. Large pumps on the street circulate to much fuel and cause vaporlock, to avoid that you would need to run a speed controller which cost a additional $330. So just the pump you wanted and the controller is roughly $1100 not sure how that would be saving you money. That Walbro 450 lph is roughly $600 cheaper then the Camaro Eliminator pump. A pair of smaller pumps with the second pump being activated by a hobbs switch seems to be a great setup for high horsepower forced induction street cars. That 450 lph pump is being used in many 800-1000HP street cars with no issues. Add a boost-a-pump and its even better.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com