Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ's68 View Post
      When you say fairly happy, do you mean you wish you had a better setup? Cuz I'm thinking about going with that same setup, can't really beat it for the price. Now of course it's going to be a little bit until I get to your level of experience
      I like the whole setup, stops well, I use Baer pads on the front and the calipers are super easy to change pads, 2 bolts and done in about 4 minutes per side, but the rear is a pain the piston has to be rotated back into its sleeve when you change the pads, thats all, just not as easy as the front..I think its because the rear has the e-brake setup and that rotating piston keeps the pads really tight (close) to the rotor ..that also makes the brakes work awesome

Some good info in here on the brake booster and m/c, I was curious on the direction on where to take my 67.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
      I like the whole setup, stops well, I use Baer pads on the front and the calipers are super easy to change pads, 2 bolts and done in about 4 minutes per side, but the rear is a pain the piston has to be rotated back into its sleeve when you change the pads, thats all, just not as easy as the front..I think its because the rear has the e-brake setup and that rotating piston keeps the pads really tight (close) to the rotor ..that also makes the brakes work awesome
      does the front kit come with dust shields or did you buy separately elsewhere?

does the front kit come with dust shields or did you buy separately elsewhere?
      I don't run any dust shields...front or rear....the rear kit came with some...

Hey Rod I hope everything is well. Question, did you ever use the stock drum brake hubs while using any of your disc brake setups before you settled on this front kit? what do you use now for hubs? Will you be making a trip to goodguys in Ft. Worth, Tx. this fall?

Hey Rod I hope everything is well. Question, did you ever use the stock drum brake hubs while using any of your disc brake setups before you settled on this front kit? what do you use now for hubs? Will you be making a trip to goodguys in Ft. Worth, Tx. this fall?
      thanks everything is awesome!

I did run the stock drum hubs for almost a year and didn't have an issue....and i was running about 20 events that season usually 1 larger event a month and then some SCCA and american autoX practices during the month for tuning....just clean and repack your bearings every 4 events for safety...after you have done that a few times it becomes second nature i clean and repack both fronts in about 30 minutes from raise to drop...this also allows you to do a quick visual on balljoints, tie rods control arms and the cotter pins...

I use CPP aluminum hubs on the camaro and wilwood aluminum hubs on the new rambler project.....

i am still unsure about the Texas trip...its all a time table balance

Hey thanks for the info. I purchased the front brake kit from cpp and studs included in kit and bigger in diameter on the splined portion than the stock studs. No biggie I'll make them work or just purchase new ones when I make my wheel choice. oh and see you in Texas if you make it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com