Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

1969 Camaro - 406-2004R-QA1-12 Bolt-CPP Big Brakes

Mechanically it's new front to back with the best of everything. Needs some sorting still... carb adjustment, rockers readjusted, timing set properly, probably a dyno tune, coil overs and sway bars still need a bit of adjustment. Engine/trans probably have 200 miles since install.

I've done quite a bit to this car. Recently installed the new grille, carbon fiber frame braces...things like that. Engine/Trans done in early August 2012.

Highlights:

Engine:
      400 SB .030 bore 406 cu in
      Parrallel decked
      Align honed
      Scat crank and I beam rods - balanced
      All ARP bolts top to bottom.
      KB hypereutectic flat top piston 10.7:1 with RPM 70cc heads (always a bit noisy cold but better than cast and I had no plans to spray any NOS so forged weren't needed)
      Comp roller cam .500/270
      Roller lifters
      Roller Rockers (1.5 on there now, I have a set of 1.6 Comp Cam roller rockers which need installing as the cam setup is too mild)
      Edelbrock RPM aluminum heads
      Ceramic coated Hooker Headers
      Ceramic coated Edelbrock intake
      Edelbrock 750 carb*
      Mallory Ignition
      New billet pulleys
      Aluminum radiator and electric fan
      ProTorque Mini Starter

Transmission:
      ArtCarr built 2004R - up to 700HP
      2400 RPM Stall converter
      Tubular crossmember
      BowTie Overdrives TV cable assembly
      Custom SS braided cooler lines

Axle:
      12 Bolt out of 70 Camaro
      Narrowed to 69 specs
      12110 USA Alloy Axles - Camaro 67-69, 8.875", 30-Spline Kit
      Auburn Posi
      RAT-315K R&P INSTALL KIT 12-BLT CAR
      SUM-741203 R/P GM 12 OEM 3.73 Gears
      TA-1810 Chevy 12 Bolt Car Rear End Girdle

Suspension:
      Front
      QA1 GMP 14501 Coil over shocks with 450lb springs
      Hellwig front sway bar PN 55708 - 1 1/8" tubular
      Helix tubular control arms PN HEXCA15_42974
      AGR 12.5:1 steering gearbox with billet end cap

HAL-7888-108 SHOCK BOLT KIT for the rear, didn't want to use old bolts.
      HAL-7888-110 SPANNER WRENCH/THRUST BEARINGS, must have for the coil overs.

Rear
      AFCO 20228RF 6 3/8" arch, 176lb leaf springs
      QA1 Stocker Star Rear Shocks PN: TS802
      Hellwig rear sway bar PN 55824 - 3/4" tubular
      2.5" Flomaster system with X pipe

Wheels/Tires:
      17x8 4.5 BS 245/40 Kuhmo
      17x9.5 5.5 BS 275/40 Nitto 555

Brakes:
      CPP 13" F & 12" R*
      Russell SS braided brake lines

It's not flawless by any means but is a very nice driver that has caused more than one wreck for some reason (no joke). Paint is 15+ years old... clear is spotty in a few places, few pockmarks, scratches...little stuff that most people never notice. It's a driver, not a show car...although it shows well.

The engine and trans... really every mechanical item, is brand new. No accidents that I know of and actually spoke with the second owner who knew the original owner (now deceased) out of Oklahoma. Mostly garaged it's whole life and certainly has been with me and it looks like it.

Body is very straight. Underside is very clean. Best I can tell it has all original body panels except the hood. Interior is stock and much of it original. OEM speedo, OER 8k tach, the rest is Autometer including center console gauges (Trans Temp, Volt, Oil Pressure, Engine Temp). Shifter is stock, I used a Shiftworks kit so the stock shifter would work with the 2004R OD... shift plate shows 1-2-3-D..etc.

It just really needs someone to fine tune and sort out what I've started. Quite frankly I've been dealing with some health issue over the last 2 years and it's been collecting dust. I don't see me having time or energy to deal with it any time in the near future.*

Carb is out of adjustment (hesitates, slight surging at idle), timing is too far advanced right now... valves definitely, some are too loose, some too tight. Front end needs a good alignment, still too twitchy. Ball joints are still a bit stiff. Bushing somewhere in the rear is making a bit of noise. X pipe needs to be moved back 1/2" or so since going from the TH350 to the 2004R (cross member sits further back) sometimes the crossmember and x pipe ding ding a bit.

I noticed awhile back it's not keeping the battery charged so I tested the alternator... tests ok, installed a new voltage regulator but haven't driven it enough to tell if that fixed it for sure. I keep it on a trickle charger. New Interstate battery too. If that didn't fix the problem then I'd replace the alternator... probably go to a one wire. Not anything else it could be. Absolutely every other item mechanically is new/rebuilt with less than 500 miles.... suspension, brakes, rear end, driveshaft, trans, engine and everything under the hood.

Still has the Frigidaire compressor mounted. Blew 58 degrees at the vents prior to the engine being replaced, probably needs charging now.

All of the interior lights work... even the console lights. Radio is original, doesn't' work... could just be unhooked.. never really cared to fix it as I would typically have the windows down just enjoying the engine.

Brakes are spot on and the 2004R shifts perfectly at all of the right times.

I have stacks of paperwork to back everything up. I have around $40k in it but will take $29,500 (firm). The only partial trades I'd consider would be an FJ40, certain Jeeps (CJ7, Rubicons, etc no Cherokees or Grand Wagoneers), maybe a 69-72 Blazer or early Bronco in the $10-20k range with the rest in cash.*
      Attached Images Attached Images              
      Brad
      Fort Worth, Texas

What is the best way to get a hold of you?

PM sent.

Country Flag: Canada
      Is your Camaro still available?

It is today. Lot's of people 'going to the bank' but no real buyers yet. I'm not sure I can send it to Canada yet, too cold, she likes warm garages and Texas summers.

Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
      It is today. Lot's of people 'going to the bank' but no real buyers yet. I'm not sure I can send it to Canada yet, too cold, she likes warm garages and Texas summers.
      Lol, well I do have a warm garage but no warm summer yet and don't need to ask the bank. Could you forward me any extra pics or videos.

Emailed you via PT. If you didn't get it let me know.

1969 Camaro - 406-2004R-QA1-12 Bolt-CPP Big Brakes

No luck with the pics, here's my email [email protected]

Lots of 'going to the bank tomorrow' types but no buyers.

Country Flag: United States
      nice Camaro, I wish my money was right.

Country Flag: United States
      is camaro still for sale, if so how do i contact you.

ken

Quote Originally Posted by kennz View Post
      is camaro still for sale, if so how do i contact you.

ken
      I'm taking the car off of the market as of today.
      Brad
      Fort Worth, Texas

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com