Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: France

About fuel - 69Bird

Hi guys,

little questions for you, what should you do ?

Should I keep the old fuel lines or should I go with one hose strait from the tank to the fuel pump ?

Also, where do you place the fuel filter, after the tank or after the fuel pump ?

Actually my filter is just before the carb.

Thanks a lot
      Gil

Country Flag: United States
      You have to be careful with fuel lines if you are running pump gas. The Ethanol in our gas is eating up even the best rubber hose within 3 years causing plugged carburetors, injector and pumps. The best system is either a hard line or PTFE (Teflon) hose. As far as a filter, on an electric pump I like to have a filter before the pump and one after. On a mechanical pump with a carb it's not a bad idea to install a small inline filter after the pump.
      Call the guys at JDA Enterprises 530-365-8400. All they do is performance plumbing and they take the time to explain the differences.

Name:  engine.JPG
Views: 123
Size:  222.9 KBThanks for the info
      Motor is 455 meca pump with 750 carb.
      Originaly fuel filter was in the carb in Pontiac Firebirds but as you can see in the picture, previous owner change carb. & add a big fuel filter before the carb
      Just curious, as my tank is not so new if this was a good or bad idea to add a fuel filter just after the tank ?
      Thanks
      Gil

For me I like keeping as much of a stock look as I can.

I ran a 1/2 SS line from Inline tube with a RobbMc 1/2 sender. I used one of RobbMc's recommended filters at the tank. I still use a stock small canister mechanical fuel pump. My Q-jet would starve out and nose dive around 4800 rpm. I think now I'm right on the edge but works well with the new improvements.
      Some times I'm fast sometimes I'm half-fast

Thanks guys
      I kept the lines & changed all hoses
      Will also change the filter
      Gil

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com