Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: V6 Exhaust

Country Flag: United States

V6 Exhaust

Picking up my 82 Malibu 4 door this Friday. It has a bad exhaust leak and was thinking about finding something to make it sound a bit better.

I believe it is a 3.8 Chevy engine that is original to the car. It has been bored 30 over and rebuilt. I think everything else is stock on the car. It has a 350 turbo and not sure of the gears. I want to start with a better sounding exhaust, but have a very small budget. Is there anything out that that would give it a sporty sound and not sound like someone just threw duals on it?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Wow. Not a single reply. Oh well...

Get on YouTube and see if there are any 3.8 exhaust videos. Think later model Grand Prix, 4th gen Firebirds and camaro's
      Stephen

Thanks!

Or just turbo it and it will sound like a GN which has a great exhaust note for a V6
      Stephen

Is the 82 Malibu a g body? If so, find a rolled or rusted Buick Grand National or, the low profile, Regal t-Type and swap running gear...turbo. Those pesky Mustangs and Camaros will not pick on you anymore!
      Conrad
      Original owner '84 Grand National. CAS V1 (big) front-mount intercooler, Comp roller hyd cam, Champion Al intake/heads, T66 turbo, 3.5" custom cat-back exhaust, RideTech TruTurn front & DSE rear swaybars/ctrl arms, Ridetech 3-way coilovers, Baer 6P 14/13. FAST w/TouchScreen & GM Flex Fuel sensor, 120 lb injectors, Ricks SS tank, Aeromotive Eliminator pump.

Wow. It's been a while since I have been on here. The deal on the car fell through for now due to money issues. I could not afford the transfer new tires and a windsheild all at once and that is what it would take to get her road worthy. It is already a good running car. Just needs a lot of love. What is involved in adding a turbo? Don't you have to beef up the internals a bit first?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com