Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

69 firebird single turbo

hey guys,
      I was considering this manifold for my single turbo set up for my lq4/t56 set up.
      http://www.shop.trickperformanceprod...o-Manfiold.htm

My question is has anyone here used this manifold before and will it fit under my stock hood? I know turbo type would dictate alot of this. I was wanting to go with a 75mm/t4(brand unknown yet). I am not set in stone on this specific manifold and cheaper avenues are always considered. so advice is always welcome.
      thanks in advance.

Ive never used that manifold but I think it would put the turbo a tad high and the rear portion would be very close or interfere with the firewall. Ive done a whole bunch of kits with a regular "truck" manifold on the right and a Trailblazer manifold on the left.

Like this:

Nathan Shaw
      71 Nova, 1000+whp 5.3, 8 second autoXer.

here are some other turbo manifolds http://shop.huronspeedproducts.com/S...s-truckman.htm $450
      These don't have the turbo mount on them though.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/cutlassrkt?feature=mhee
      69 cutlass - 5.3l L33, Jakes stage 3 4L80e, 275/40/17 proxes tq

wow sweet build! looks great. thanks for the advice also. I was mainly interested in the manifold i listed above because i used the kwik truck ALT bracket and milled down the truck aluminum p/s bracket to be retained. This doesnt allow me to run an exhaust tube forward on the drivers side. so i planned to do like a truck stlye turbo manifold set up. I well attach pic to give ya a better idea of what i am talking about. This was done on a very strict budget. Hey also what intercooler did you use. Id like to do a water to air cooler but cant seem to find one to fit.

Name:  20140327_212249.jpeg
Views: 1253
Size:  536.1 KBName:  20140327_212301.jpeg
Views: 1210
Size:  539.3 KBName:  20140327_212234.jpeg
Views: 1192
Size:  475.7 KB

Here is a few pics of my set up. A little ghetto but it works and it was cheapest option at the time. This is why I was wanting to look into the truck style turbo set up.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1NOVA View Post
      Ive never used that manifold but I think it would put the turbo a tad high and the rear portion would be very close or interfere with the firewall. Ive done a whole bunch of kits with a regular "truck" manifold on the right and a Trailblazer manifold on the left.

Like this:

Is that a high mount ps and alternator bracket ? what brand? kit looks nice, is similar what i have done...

I would call Rick at trick to get the dimensions. I did when I had my 72 Chevelle and the conclusion was it was too tall. That was with the old fabricated manifold. From some installed pictures, it looks about as tall as the truck alternator. FYI, my truck alternator was about a 1/4" from my Chevelle hood supports. Some room could have been made but it did not look like enough. I know you don't have a Chevelle, but the info may help.

Are these manifolds built to point downward or can they be made to turn upward?
      David Butler
      "If you're not first, you're last"
      67 Camaro Twin Turbo SBC (changing from Blow-thru to Holley HP EFI)

We have been itching to try a set of these on a build.Name:  8501-5hkr[583x].jpg
Views: 918
Size:  22.0 KB

Those may work nice. I wonder how they would work facing forward either pointed up or down.
      David Butler
      "If you're not first, you're last"
      67 Camaro Twin Turbo SBC (changing from Blow-thru to Holley HP EFI)

Quote Originally Posted by DButler View Post
      Are these manifolds built to point downward or can they be made to turn upward?
      There are so many GM manifolds and they easily cut and weld. Anything is possible.
      Nathan Shaw
      71 Nova, 1000+whp 5.3, 8 second autoXer.

Quote Originally Posted by DButler View Post
      Those may work nice. I wonder how they would work facing forward either pointed up or down.
      I honestly don't know what issues will occur. We haven't gotten a build to try them yet.