Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hurst Line Loc question

I am using a Hurst Line Loc, brand new, I tried it out today and although it holds the front tires, I don't think it's releasing. Something is holding the brakes. has anyone else had this problem? I'm not drag racing, I'm just a gadget guy I guess.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Hurst Line Loc question

Do your brakes work fine without the LL engaged?
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

yes they do. I think I'm going to have to bleed off the pressure to release the front brakes. I'm wondering if maybe the pressure is too great for the valve to release, just a thought though.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

should release pressure as soon as it is de energized, how is it plumbed in? between master and combination valve? after combiation to a tee to front brakes?
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Should be inline from master cylinder then too combo valve, BUT some prop valves have issues with returning to center. I actually prefer to swap in adjustable units, and for the fact of the matter adjustable one will let you fine tune even stock brakes, which does help the brakes to operate more efficiently anyway. so my theory is to dump the stock prop valve, adjustable can be had for less than $75 and really can help braking performance as you can adjust to newer pads/shoes/etc used as upgrades or "fixes" like the newer low dusting ceramics DO have better efficiency and if used on back brakes might change vehicle dynamics some.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Lee,
      do you have any information on the adjustable prop valve? I really think now that the LL isn't my problem. It seems that the hold without using the Line Loc.

Never mind, just googled it and found some info. Thanks

Carl Wilson

Interested in what you figure out. I'm having this exact same problem with the same product. Will be doing a rear disc swap next week hopefully and will buy an adjustable prop valve to see if that fixes the issue.

Yeah what did you find out about this. I also have one of these new in box and just don't trust it.

Mine wound up not being the Line Loc. I had my brake pedal rod adjusted too tight and when I drove the car and the engine compartment and brake fluid heated up it forced the pedal against the stop and the brake fluid at that point had no where else to go but to the brakes. I haven't tried the LL again I'll try it this weekend and let you guys know if I still have the problem. I hope not...
      Carl

Carl Wilson

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com