Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

best pro touring seats for a 78 T/A

what are the best seats ive looked at aloooooot but dont know witch ones to get, and i want to find a harness bar for 5 way harnesses but im not finding any made for my car, and i dont want to put a cage in it yet.

best pro touring seats for a 78 T/A

What kind of seat you looking for? Check out Scat Procar. They're inexpensive and decent. Otherwise there are brands like Recaro, Corbeau, etc.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Do you have a roll bar? Don't run a harness with out a roll bar or cage.

If the car goes bottoms up, and the roof collapses while you're held upright with a harness, YOU become the roll bar...

Nick ~
      1969 Cutlass

I have the pro car seats in my 78 and like them a lot, the car is used for road trips hot rod power tour and auto crossing and the wife likes them too. They are on the cheaper in of the cost scale but have held up very well. I do not have a roll bar, they work well with the factory belts. The only challenge I have with them is, and this will be with any seat you look at, is head room with a helmet on. I am 5'8 and the clearance is very close to the t-top glass. good luck !!

I've got procar rally seats in my chevelle and love the. I find the bolstering to be very good, and they were really reasonable in price. Paul what did you use for your instal brackets? In my car I'm nearly on the floor and have a good amount of head room for a helmet even though I'm 5'10". I used some brackets for summitracing, not sure if that would make a difference for you.

I am looking at cipher seats and I will likely have some flat brackets made to put them as close to the floor as possible. I am 6'4" and I am hoping to get away without having to start cutting into the pan.
      Stephen

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com