Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

96 seats in a 69?

Do 96 z28 seats fit in a 69 z28? I'm trying to find a seat that sits lower and reclines. I'm 6'4" and need all the head room I can get. Just want a manual seat that sits low. I read all the threads seen 99 and 02 seat but no 93 -96 seats. Any ideas would be appreciated.

My brother has a set in his 67 he is working on, I believe the seats are the same as 99-02 seats
      2,500th member!

3rd gen a d 4th gen seats are same
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

I put a pair of 96 Camaro seats in my 68. The front bolt holes are the same for the brackets on the 96 seat bases but you have to make adapters for the rear mounting.
      1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

Bought a pair of 2000 Camaro manual seats for $90.00. Probably do the hounds tooth recover. Hope it goes well. It will be my first time recovering seats:/

I did the houndstooth recover on some 1999 seats and installed last summer. The driver side had the power seat tracks. I am also 6'-4" and found that with the seat all the way down, I only had 1/4" between my head and headliner....not enough for wearing a helmet. So I recently bought a manual seat track and last night sectioned out 1 1/4" of the mounting legs. I will install back in the car in a day or two and hopefully this will resolve the problem.

Gary
      '69 Camaro - 427 SBC 526hp, 593 ft-lbs, Tremec TKO, Ridetech Coilover Suspension w/TruTurn, Billet-Specialties Draft 18x9, 18x12, BFG KDW 275/335

I have a dumb question. I picked up the 2000 camaro seats yesterday. the salvage yard I bought them from took the seat belt stuff off. I need this right? All my car had when I bought it was a lap belt. So im not really sure what I need.

Please keep me posted garymac69. Sounds like I'll be doing similar mods.

Quote Originally Posted by swicke69 View Post
      I have a dumb question. I picked up the 2000 camaro seats yesterday. the salvage yard I bought them from took the seat belt stuff off. I need this right? All my car had when I bought it was a lap belt. So im not really sure what I need.
      It'll probably be easier just to use the lap belt. Otherwise, to use the newer seat belt bits, you'd have to put a 3 point belt setup in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by swicke69 View Post
      Please keep me posted garymac69. Sounds like I'll be doing similar mods.
      I finally got my interior re-installed with the 1999 seat and driver side seat track modifications. I now have 1 3/4 inch between my head and headliner. I used a 4th gen passenger side manual seat track, as the front bracket legs are already approx. 1 inch lower (due to the floor hump for the cat converter). I had a set of set extender brackets for my factory seats. I re-purposed those brackets, bolting the front seat track legs to the extender bracket. I sectioned out approx. 1 1/2" from the rear seat track legs and welded to the extender brackets.
      '69 Camaro - 427 SBC 526hp, 593 ft-lbs, Tremec TKO, Ridetech Coilover Suspension w/TruTurn, Billet-Specialties Draft 18x9, 18x12, BFG KDW 275/335

Iroc -Z seats front and rear fold down
      Name:  IMAG0450.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  140.5 KBName:  IMAG0393.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  191.9 KB1988 Iroc-Z seats

The seats are pretty beat up but I plan on having the foam re-done and add extra padding to make the seats look more modern and beefy.
      67 Camaro

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com