Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Jeff save your money and your motor the fast ezi efi 2.0 sucks and is a piece of crap and fast doesn't stand behind the system im going on 8 months of hell my car runs so rich it has destroyed my rings and the techs at fast don't know what going on

Good move for holding back I went and purchased this system and yes almost 4k by the time you get everything including the dual sync distributor, MSD, Coil and then to top it off 12 weeks delivery and no response from sales or service until three emails latter to be given a delivery day that was missed by another 4 weeks. Now I have on order a new distributor cap and its been a week and still hasn't shipped. Good thing this isn't a daily driver. This part should be on the shelf and shipped no later then the next day. Hell I ordered two separate orders from Jegs and Tanks Inc. and got them within two days. I should of went with the Holley System.

I went to a hot rod shop in my town to get my vintage air vacuumed down and charged. I talked to the owner in length about there experience with the Fast 2.0. He said it was a complete nightmare. He worked full time on it for 3 weeks. Fast kept telling them the wiring was to close and picking up some kind of interfierence. They had 3 Fast local dealers involved. Finally fast had one of the dealers from out of town come in with a "unofficial control unit." They plugged it in and the car finally ran. The owner of this shop said there is a huge problem with this unit and FAST knows it. Why else would they have this unofficial controll unit. The owner said he lost his ass on this deal and I guess on of the local dealers stopped selling the 2.0 and told Fast with that kind of customer service they did not want to be a dealer. there is a whole lot to this story (more than I want to type.) But not only do they have a unit with a problem there customer service and support is horrible. NO THANKS

I purchased the FAST XFI 2.0 using the same TBI unit as the EZ-EFI after reading this hopefully there wil be no issues. I did research the XFI unit extensively and found the majority of reviews very good. Its going on an LS1 using the carbed victor jr intake and a procharger and injection was an after thought after a good tax return and to avoid the blow-thru carb nightmares, initially i was just going carbed.
      I will be using their XIM Ls1 ign controller and with the XFI have a wide variaty on custom tune options. I am about a month awayfrom getting it fired up and running on this project as it was a total rotisserie resto also.
      Any one running this XFI have any recommendations or gripes, after reading about FAST on here I am a little worried at his point.

1967 Camaro RS, LS1, D1SC DSE Mini-Tub, TH350, 12 BOLT 3:73.

Just had my motor finished last week. My engine builder loved the Fast EFI 2.0. He said it was the easiest EFI he has ever installed. I went with the FAST Dual Sync dizzy. The whole system was on back order for over 5 weeks before we got it.

Details:
      http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/...d.php?t=276462

Quote Originally Posted by Derek@ModernSpeed View Post
      It does well and I've worked on cars with low vacuum. However I wouldn't say it will have desirable results on every combo with low vacuum. Glad it's worked out well for you though. I thought about using the terminator in an old truck with a 4.6l and vortech si trim blower. Larger injectors are coming for the terminator. It's still not better than mpfi, but the wow factor would be nice.
      Hi Derek, do you know when the bigger injectors are gonna become available for the Terminator systems? We just purchased the Terminator system, and will be running it with a 383 sbc with a small Magnuson 122 carb'd supercharger,maybe 6 lbs boost, produces around 550hp 100% street driver. We are gonna try it with the injectors it comes with, but would purchase the bigger injectors if they were available just so we could raise the safety margin a bit. Have any info on size or and when they will be available? Thanks, Brian

I feel like the odd man here in terms of EFI choice. I just installed a new SBC 385 stroker in Dust Off and topped it off with the Atomic EFI from MSD. After some initial distributor issues the system is settling down and is learning every time I drive it. Installation and setup was easy and while driveability is not quite as good as my old 4150 it is improving as the system learns.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by procharged gta View Post
      Hi Derek, do you know when the bigger injectors are gonna become available for the Terminator systems? We just purchased the Terminator system, and will be running it with a 383 sbc with a small Magnuson 122 carb'd supercharger,maybe 6 lbs boost, produces around 550hp 100% street driver. We are gonna try it with the injectors it comes with, but would purchase the bigger injectors if they were available just so we could raise the safety margin a bit. Have any info on size or and when they will be available? Thanks, Brian
      I wish I could answer that question. I anticipate SEMA, or PRI they might be showcased. You can potentially bump the fuel pressure a little (43-50 or maybe 55) to get a little more volume out of the stock Terminator Injectors. However be aware some injectors do not like higher pressures. I've been told of the sizes, but that's not information I can post. Also, one thing to remember with manufacturers. Just because the rumor is they will release a product, doesn't always mean it will hit the shelf. So, don't bank on getting the larger injectors until they are available for purchase. Adjust your build accordingly if 90-120pph injectors are a necessity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com