Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

WIW: 1968 Mustang Fastback J Code GT

Hi all;

a friend of mine is thinking about selling me his 68 fastback, says it is a J Code 4 speed 289 small block, disk brakes (not sure if these are factory or not), fog lights, larger sway bar and 8000 rpm tach. He has a decent interior and all the trim and glass.

Metal repair is all done, motor would just need to be gone through and start putting her back together.

i'm wondering, what is it really worth, is it rare / rarer, or is it one of a million made. Problem is here in Alberta, fastbacks sell immediately, even if they are swiss cheese....so he's thinking around $14,000 (that's about $13,000 US these days) and I'm wondering if that's over or under what they are worth?

I took a couple of pics this morning to show on here too:

Thanks for any feedback!Name:  aimage-3.jpeg
Views: 298
Size:  84.0 KBName:  aimage-2.jpeg
Views: 232
Size:  104.0 KBName:  aimage-1.jpeg
Views: 226
Size:  96.0 KBName:  aimage.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  108.0 KB
      Gordon in Calgary

Gordon,

I am from Airdrie, Ab. I own a 68 fastback, and as you know they are very desirable cars to own. You say the body work is done, does it have all the interior parts and trim. If you have to source some of the specialized interior parts for a fastback, these can add up quickly. I believe the price is in the ball park if the body work is done correctly and all the interior/exterior parts are their and in good shape to reuse. If your serious about buying the car, i would get a marti report to verify options, etc.
      http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm
      Hope this helps
      Dennis

WIW: 1968 Mustang Fastback J Code GT

So here's a tougher question, what price (realistically) would make you run out the door to buy it? $10k? $12k

At what price would you say 'no rush, I can find another one'.

Thanks!!
      Gordon in Calgary

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com