Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

cheap upgrade seats for 68 firebird/camaro

I am looking for a cheap (cost effective) way to upgrade my seats in my 68 firebird convertible. The car is a basic driver so I am not really looking to spend much money on it. The driver side seat is broken as well so I would prefer to just unbolt the seats and replace them rather than try and have them recovered. Also I would like a headrest. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Country Flag: United States

cheap upgrade seats for 68 firebird/camaro

There are a lot of aftermarket seats out there that would be cheap from a swap meet or junk yard, but you'd likely have to make brackets to fit the car.
      Not sure what your budget is, but for around 1000 or less you can get a set or Scat Procar seats and brackets. They are some of the cheapest reclining seats available that look good.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

4th or 5 gen camaro seats
      2003+ tiburon seats
      1st gen DSM seats(turbo model) cheap and comfy!
      72 buick skylark
      twin-turbo fuel injected buick 350..perhaps stroked to 370 in the works!

I needed headroom in my '69. Lots of research led me to Fiero seats. Although these will not be 'cheap', they will be awesome and will sit extra low and will recline...all things that you will not easily find in an aftermarket seat.

Build thread here:
      http://www.camaros.net/forums/showth...=1#post2296914

I went 5th gen camaro seats, neat, not hard to install and plentiful, got fronts and backs for 500. Im sure you could find a similar deal if you search enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface5384 View Post
      4th or 5 gen camaro seats
      2003+ tiburon seats
      1st gen DSM seats(turbo model) cheap and comfy!
      I agree with these, with one little exception. The 4th gen Firebird seats with the separate head rests are the way to go for F-bodies.

I know this is old but how was the install and how's the head room with the 5th gen interior 69greyghost?

Country Flag: Canada
      I would also think with so many of us upgrading our factory seats there has to be a few sets of OE seats if you just want to bolt in a replacement.
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

Another vote for 4th gen firebird/trans am seats. Very comfortable and not too hard to install. Mine are manual tracks but have power lumbar.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com