Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Fourth Gen Firebird Seats???

Can anyone confirm whether all fourth gen Firebird seats are the same except for power vs. manual? I have a pair from an unknown year and will need to reupholster them. If there is a difference, what is the year split and what are the differences?

Thanks!

There are a couple different types. I cant confirm exact years but I know 93-97 seats are a different shape than the 98-02. Some of them also have different headrests.
      Adam_______Offical Car Name "ILLUSION"
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Thanks Adam. Mine have a hard plastic back, I think I have heard reference to "hard back" vs "softback" before? If I post pics, do you think you could nail down the appropriate date range?

Yeah go ahead and post pics. The easiest difference is the electronic switch. The 93-97 had a round piece where the 98-02 had 2 separate buttons that were light grey.
      Some 93-97 had a tilt lever in the front. Others have a seat that pulls up and down. Several different options.
      383 Stroker, Stock cast heads, T-56 tranny, 4.11 gears, 2002 T/A dash, 4th gen interior including seatbelts, power lumbar seats, 18" Budnik Wheels, Hydraboost, QA1 shocks, DC Controller, Power steering conversion, fuel cell, unique exhaust set up........
      ILLUSION Website-----------Old Website--------------My Car on Lateral-g.net----------- Need something designed?-AdFabDesign

Finally had a chance to take some pictures. Based on your description of the switch it seems I have the earlier version.

Those look like the exact same year as my trans am seats. Mine are 93 seats but my dash and console are 2002.

Cool, thanks Adam. I scored these for $25, so I overlooked the fact they needed new upholstery. Now to find a decent set of covers without spending a ton of cash.

Congrats thats a great deal. Have you checked to make sure the power lumbar works? Its just 2 wires and very easy to hook up. You could hook them to your battery just to test it out. 1 positive and 1 negative.

I haven't checked that yet. I night try that tonight. Thanks again. Any tips on getting new upholstery? I'm aware of the Katzkin leathers, but I don't think I want to spend that much. Something in "leatherette" might be fine.

Sorry I do not have any tips for the upholstery. Get ahold of Mark(TooMuch) I know he does that for a living.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com