Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice work! The warning light for the hood is a good idea.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Country Flag: Canada
      While waiting for some small brake line parts i made something to fill up an empty radio hole, the beginnings of an exceptionally minimal stereo....... fake knobs and a siriusxm commander touch screen in a small hole stock bezel fits my version of perfect and no cutting of stock hole.

Name:  20171220_133656 resize.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  172.0 KB

Good looking build! Did I miss where the name Alice came from? I ask because that's my 69s name, for the blue with the white like Alice in Wonderland.
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Quote Originally Posted by 6'9"Witha69 View Post
      Good looking build! Did I miss where the name Alice came from? I ask because that's my 69s name, for the blue with the white like Alice in Wonderland.
      Mine has no where near the depth of thinking behind it as yours.... everyone would ask what motor I was gong to put in the car, I would say LS3.... so after a while LS turned into Alice ...(say it fast enough it sort of makes sense..lol).. my wife made it stick when she said I spend more time with Alice than her..and there it is

Side note: it's funny you mentioned it because I was doing a search on TCT ,yesterday and your car came up as Alice .. I thought what are the chances of 2 1st gen camaro named Alice , I thought zero... made me feel a little better about the name choice ... so thanks

side note 2..just looked at what i thought was your thread .. it wasnt..lol there are now at least 3 Alices out there .. i am amazed

After 14 years of dreams and hopes..
      she (Alice) finally got to make some noise, and wow does she sound good
      i could not be more stoked , the light at the end of the tunnel just got a lot brighter .
      it was a nervous day triple checking fluids, but after priming adding fuel it was time,
      hit the key ... and stood in awe ,
      LS3 525 blowing through black widows is a symphony i can listen too at length,

video to follow.

Big day for me.... i thought it would never happen,

Day after results
      - very happy with the VHX gauges, they picked everything up from GMPP Connect and Cruise harness, oil pressure pick up was my main concern, but all good.

Had a very good friend of mine ( the guy that painted my car ) come over on weekend , started on full glass install.. not all done , but a nice start, its been quite a while since i could sit in a seat and look through glass.

Name:  20180122_170451resize.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  123.8 KB

Latest progress, now to finish up small stuff.... alignment done, can finally do a road
      test

it sounds great through those black widows! what mid lengths did you use? I couldn't find it in your thread

[QUOTE=slimjim;1267950]it sounds great through those black widows! what mid lengths did you use? I couldn't find it in your thread[/QUOT

I used, Speed Engineering shorty's.. they fit great, and gave me no clearance issues underneath...

Finally, after owning my car for 14 years i was able to take her out on a cruise , great day, and this is a fitting way to end my thread, from start to finish, thanks for all the support.

Name:  20180609_135234~01.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  111.8 KB

A few update shots..... took her on a 3200 mile trip last summer, through mountain passes in Montana, Wyoming, got her tuned in Washington ( ESDC PERFORMANCE Thanks Chad), Idaho, Alberta then home to Saskatchewan , ran like a champName:  20190606_134650.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  159.8 KBName:  20190606_134708.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  126.5 KB

Where to cut

Quote Originally Posted by ragz View Post
      Small amount of progress , test fit va, hoses are measured but not crimped yet, unit is fit, wow it's a tight fit for the ecu and fuse box if you mount them in the glove box, the vents are in, and I think I have a great fit for the vent to go in the ash tray location ,i still have to run the wiring but.....slow progress..

Attachment 136551
      Where did you cut the hole in the firewall on this car for the harness? I'm currently swapping my 68 and have the same computer and fuse panel. I like the way you have that mounted in the glove box, but I'm unsure on where to cut the hole and what size for the harness leading to the engine bay. Great build thread man!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com