Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Carl, here is a picture of the 3/8 steel that I used the position the shifter forward (per your post over at Lat-G). On my installation, the shifter comes through the floor just about 1 inch forward of the cup holders.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      Carl, here is a picture of the 3/8 steel that I used the position the shifter forward (per your post over at Lat-G). On my installation, the shifter comes through the floor just about 1 inch forward of the cup holders.
      Chris, copied what I had to make on my setup, but while having the bracket made to relocated handle forward, he also, raised the mounting location also

Jeff

Since my shifter sits on the left side of the trans, I would have to have somewhat of a "L" shaped bracket. I think I'm going to have to give this some thought,

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Jeff, did you make the shifter handle? It really looks good. I had drawn up some ideas of slapper bar traction bars made out of solid 1.5" x 2.5" solid aluminum, that I think would look pretty cool, just haven't researched it enough to make them. I'm wondering if the aluminum would hold up to bending.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Carl, the part was made by a mutual friend of Jeff and I. Are you using the GTO trans? Trying to picture what application had the shifter on the left side.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

The transmission is a Muncie M-22. The shifter bolts to the left side of the tail shaft, and comes straight up.

Carl Wilson

Love that interior. Do u know who did the work?

Country Flag: Hungary
      Quote Originally Posted by medbali76 View Post
      I am wondering if it would be possible to install this console into my 72 Nova. I have just purchased a 2014 ZL1 console so now I have to give a try for sure.
      You guys made an awsome job. I hope I can get the look I want.
      Well, it fits the 72 Nova perfectly. No trimming at all. The 4 pod gauge was removed and used the basic cover with the tray.
      Everything works, lights for the shift positions, handbrake, cigarette lighters all work. Pertty cool :-)
      Name:  IMG_7355.jpg
Views: 5381
Size:  230.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_7354.jpg
Views: 5815
Size:  225.4 KB
      Name:  IMG_7356.jpg
Views: 3493
Size:  164.1 KB
      I am thinking to buy the Hurst assembly to get an even cooler look.

medbali76 I need the details on your install! Did you make a hole the size of the shifter gasket? I have the same set up to go in my 69 Camaro with a 4l85. I already bought the Hurst set up. It looks great in there.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      medbali76 I need the details on your install! Did you make a hole the size of the shifter gasket? I have the same set up to go in my 69 Camaro with a 4l85. I already bought the Hurst set up. It looks great in there.
      It was installed by the shop who made the engine swap.
      There are pics but those do not show everything.
      Right now I am working abroad. As soon as I get home and pick up the car I will get the details.

Medbali76, that interior is looking good! Nice install on the console with the auto shifter.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      Medbali76, that interior is looking good! Nice install on the console with the auto shifter.
      Thank you.
      Actually there are plenty of small things that still needs to be done to look perfect. The interior panels and seats were grabbed from different cars so there are a lot of colors now inside.
      It looks better on pics.
      Name:  IMG_7366.jpg
Views: 3621
Size:  189.7 KB

Medbali76 Thank you ! I was wondering if the hole in the floor needs to be as big as the 5th gen uses, I think its to accommodate the T56 and the auto in the same package. What are the seats out of ?
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Medbali76 Thank you ! I was wondering if the hole in the floor needs to be as big as the 5th gen uses, I think its to accommodate the T56 and the auto in the same package. What are the seats out of ?
      I am pretty sure that they did not cut that big. And they actually made a modification for the shifting mechanism. They connected the transmission and the shifter with cable.
      They had to do this to be able to move the consol to the best position. They also prepared strong brackets that holding the shifter and the whole center consol.
      This is a 6l90e tranny so they had to enlarge the transmission tunel too. I will send pics to your email address.
      The seats are from a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo lX.

great pics and install guys.

I have a 5th gen console I have for my 72' Camaro with a T-56 and trying to get ideas on how to mount it.

where on the center console did you mount it?

is their bracket spots on the console that you used or made your own mounting points on the console?

Well, now back to the drawing board... Just converted my Camaro to a T-56 6 speed. Now the 5th gen console is back on the table of "I wants".

Carl Wilson

Was reading this forum, I too, want to install a 5th gen dash in a 69 camaro. Can you send me as well how you did this?

Quote Originally Posted by PLCamaro View Post
      Was reading this forum, I too, want to install a 5th gen dash in a 69 camaro. Can you send me as well how you did this?
      PL, here is my install thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=console
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Nova dash and consol looks killer!
      definitely a to do on next build. Currently have this set up, like the slap shifter with brass knuckles set up but had to mod the tunnel to accept ratchet assembly mechanism. The wifey bought me the center consol a few Christmass ago finally got around to installing.

Attached Images Attached Images      

Anyways to get the pics back on the first page to show up? I can't see them....

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com