Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I got mine on ebay, they are hard to find complete. I looked for about 2 months before I found one, a lot of them are missing the side panels or other parts. I got lucky and ended up getting an complete auto console with gauges for $240 and sold the gauges for $200. It seemed like they vary in price from $150-300. Good luck with your search.

I purchased a manual insert for $40 and $50 for the shifter boot. I just had it recovered locally to match the original medium blue madrid vinyl and had a matching shifter boot (post above) for about $300, it would have been easier if my interior was black LOL Another cool feature is besides the 2 12v cig lighters, there is also a USB port that can be hooked up to your radio (if it has those capabilities).

A couple of installation notes- I ended up trimming the pass side panel (was originally the same length of the drivers side) because of my vintage air. I will end up make some brackets to attach it. Here is a picture of it completed.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      I got mine on ebay, they are hard to find complete. I looked for about 2 months before I found one, a lot of them are missing the side panels or other parts. I got lucky and ended up getting an complete auto console with gauges for $240 and sold the gauges for $200. It seemed like they vary in price from $150-300. Good luck with your search.

I purchased a manual insert for $40 and $50 for the shifter boot. I just had it recovered locally to match the original medium blue madrid vinyl and had a matching shifter boot (post above) for about $300, it would have been easier if my interior was black LOL Another cool feature is besides the 2 12v cig lighters, there is also a USB port that can be hooked up to your radio (if it has those capabilities).

A couple of installation notes- I ended up trimming the pass side panel (was originally the same length of the drivers side) because of my vintage air. I will end up make some brackets to attach it. Here is a picture of it completed.
      that looks amazing!
      Scott
      '66 Chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by CROMAN69Z28 View Post
      What are you guys spending on these 5th gen consoles? What is a good source? eBay is limited right now.
      On average they are $200-350 depending on if it is the one with factory gauges, leather or plastic arm rest lid and condition

HI ,
      am I looking at a Gen 5 console in a 68 ?
      WHat about the gauge cluster ?
      Where did you get the carbon fiber looking trim piece around the gauge and shifter ?
      I'm at the phase right now with my 68 and I really like what you did there.

Quote Originally Posted by 68metal View Post
      HI ,
      am I looking at a Gen 5 console in a 68 ?
      WHat about the gauge cluster ?
      Where did you get the carbon fiber looking trim piece around the gauge and shifter ?
      I'm at the phase right now with my 68 and I really like what you did there.
      Thanks alot

The gauge panel/ shifter bezel, I made

started with a non gauge gen 5 shifter bezel

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post

Looks great Chris!

67' Camaro with 5th gen center console

Are the shifter plates interchangeable between auto and manual or are they specific?

Quote Originally Posted by Y-TRY View Post
      Are the shifter plates interchangeable between auto and manual or are they specific?
      Yes they are interchangeable
      there are two different manual versions though, V6 and V8

I have this new 2 gauge insert available if anyone is interested
      this is a brand new console gauge pod for a stock non gauge/ tray console car in silver finish
      fits 2010-2014 Camaro

It fits two 2 1/16" aftermarket gauges (ie Auto Meter, etc) that are angled for better viewing, much better than the other brand offered that positions the gauges straight

easily attaches with 3M double sided tape (included)
      has one slight smudge in back of one pod , hard to see, even when installed

Asking $60 shipped
      Attached Images Attached Images    

Which T56 trans fit this mod in a 1st gen? Have seen that cady, gto, etc have different shifter positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsutt View Post
      Which T56 trans fit this mod in a 1st gen? Have seen that cady, gto, etc have different shifter positions.
      Mine is a LS/F-body T56 with offset shifter handle

Jeff

JW is this still available? I am looking into retro fitting into my second gen. I like what you did and I am presently looking for a donor console.

Subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by C. Hayden View Post
      I am doing the same in my 69. I am using a horseshoe shifter. Here is a picture of a 69 Camaro with a 2012 interior. I just plan on the console and shifter. Thanks for the idea Jeff.Attachment 99201

anybody else know any details about this car. would love more pics and perhaps owners/builders contact info. I have a complete 2011 SS im trying to put in a 67(running gear and interior). This pic definitely gives me inspiration.

I would love your advice and tips on installation. I have the gauges finished and ready to start on the console now.

Country Flag: Hungary
      I am wondering if it would be possible to install this console into my 72 Nova. I have just purchased a 2014 ZL1 console so now I have to give a try for sure.
      You guys made an awsome job. I hope I can get the look I want.

Quote Originally Posted by medbali76 View Post
      I am wondering if it would be possible to install this console into my 72 Nova. I have just purchased a 2014 ZL1 console so now I have to give a try for sure.
      You guys made an awsome job. I hope I can get the look I want.
      anything is possible!1

Just take your time in both the placement and any trimming
      also plan well with its relationship with other parts (ie shifter, ac vents, seats, etc. etc.)

Country Flag: Hungary
      Quote Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
      anything is possible!1

Just take your time in both the placement and any trimming
      also plan well with its relationship with other parts (ie shifter, ac vents, seats, etc. etc.)

Will do, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
      Thanks!
      I think that you are referring about my conversion?? ( since I have never seen one done prior to mine)

I like yours, great job!

Looks like a modern take on a 67' style gauge console

Chris,
      I have a line on two Gen 5 consoles
      I need one for a friend's 69' build and I will get you the info on the other one, once confirmed
      Jeff,
      Looking at your interior looks just like mine. I will have to admit I copied the way you did your radio. I don't have my carpet in yet either. I like the late model console, just have to work out the offset shifter. I made a console out of walnut, but I like the one you have, to me it fits better.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com