Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Texas Region SCCA CAM. Who's in?

Thought I'd start a new thread to drum up interest in SCCA events in my area. Im not a member yet but will likely be as the season grows closer. Im in the DFW area and plan to attend as many of these as I can. They are almost all held at Texas Motor Speedway. I know the CAM class has been discussed at great length in this other thread so please keep this specific to Texas participation. Here are the specifics for CAM in Texas.

TX Region CAM & MAM Supplementary Classes for 2014: There’s a new class suggested by the National Office called “CAM” which stands for Classic American Muscle. The idea was to give folks a class in SCCA Solo to run their “American Muscle” cars that have been modified. The target audience being folks running in the various autocross series of Good Guys Car Show, Hot Rod Magazine, Monster Mopar and other similar classic car type series. Here’s a link to the idea/concept: http://www.solomatters.com/introducing-classic-american-muscle-cam
      This is a “Region Only” Supplemental class for 2014. Our TX Region Solo BOD would like to see this class flourish but we feel that there needs to be a tweak or two to keep the idea more competitive for the target audience. The following are the only changes to the concept in the link:
      • There will be a split in the classing (2 classes). CAM (Classic American Muscle) cars that are 1972 and older. MAM (Modern American Muscle) 1973 and newer cars.
      • No weight restriction in either class.
      • Exclusion list: C4, C5, C6 and C7 Corvettes are excluded from these classes.
      All other restrictions, rules and safety requirements are as noted in the link and will apply for our 2014 TX Region CAM & MAM class.
      …tell your local muscle car guy he’s got a place to autocross for 2014!!
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Here is the schedule for N.TX. Unfortunately for us, the opening event and autocross school is the same weekend as Goodguys. March 15/16.

http://www.texasscca.org/soloautocro...vents-calendar
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Country Flag: United States
      Chris, you have the Maverick back together yet? I get the Camaro back tomorrow and the Trans Am should be arriving next weekend. Dusold is also interested in getting the CAM/MAM class participation up. We need to get a group of us out in the next few weeks and get the class going here locally. Check out the May 31st auto-x event in Mesquite as well. The North Texas Camaro Club is hosting it out at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. Some of the boys are in...Amy & I are in and Greg, Gary, and Dusold have shown interest to participate. Let me know if you want some more info.

Not back together yet. Waiting on my heads to get back from the machinist. Trying to get it back together for the SCCA event at TMS on 5/18 and then on to your event on the 31st. Sounds like fun. I'll send you an email for info.
      Chris

I am interested if there is another event including the CAM class. I would love to come out and participate.

There is one this weekend on Sunday at Texas motor Speedway's bus lot. Check out SCCA's website. MikeDusold and his twin turbo LSPowered 67 Camaro will out there.

I am excited about the new CAM class. It would be great to see it grow. We know there are plenty of cars around DFW that fit the class. Hope to see some of the goodguys regulars out there!

FWIW- I'm very excited to get my car done some time in 2014 (fingers crossed) and will be hoping to join you guys in the autocross and similar events into 2015. The CAM will be perfect for me and I salute SCCA and the local clubs like NorthTXCamaros for bringing this type of action to the area. I just hope the interest doesnt wane before I can get the car going again.

I've done a couple of events with my local central Texas auto-x group (Spokes). I haven't made it up to the DFW area except for the GG shows. I like having the CAM class (I convinced Spokes to pick it up), but so far I've been a 1-man show. The one time someone else was going, I couldn't make it! :\

photo IMG_20140426_164039_zpsf33ebf62.jpg
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

There is going to be a fun event tomorrow at Lone star park put on by Equipe Rapide. The course will be Big! And Lone star has some really cool elevation change, the hill is a blast! Last minute walk up registration is welcome. If you can't make it just remember dfw autocross.com has all of the local events posted. Hope to see some of you guys out there!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com