Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by toddshotrods
      Your point is clear though, Chip's designs are what really propelled Boyd into the limelight.
      I agree also. With Chip working for him, and designing the cars, then he (Boyd)was able to say "designed and built by Hot Rods by Boyd" It gave him more "presence"

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

No new epidsodes...everyone's gone..

Let's see, when the show started out it showcased Boyd, Dwayne, Blue Bear, Mike, Charlie, Beatle, Al, and the grumpy old man that is half retired. Of them, Boyd, Dwayne, and the grumpy old man that is half retired are left. Only 3 of the 8 original people are left, and two of them are jerks that no one relates to, and the other is half retired!!

Is it a wonder there are no new episodes?

Boyd and Dwayne are just not nice people. And i agree with the other folks here, the cars Boyd got famous for he didn't even design. And obviously he wasn't building them--have you seen the few episodes where he's picked up a wrench?!

After having watched the show and seen how he treats people, i wouldn't even buy a set of wheels from the guy.

PS i'm still peeved that Dwayne fired that one chick they got to work with the grumpy old man that is half retired. She was decent looking and everyone, including the grumpy old man, loved her and said she did good work. It would have been nice to have an attractive talented woman on the show for more than one episode. Dwayne fired her because she was sick and she said she called in but he couldn't confirm with anyone that she had called in. As if after watching the show we believe that it wasn't possible for someone in that messed up place to forget she called or loose the note. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy
      Dwayne fired her because she was sick and she said she called in but he couldn't confirm with anyone that she had called in.
      Just scripted drama for the show. She actually quit.
      The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Country Flag: United States
      I saw Beetle Bailey on the Rides episode when they were building the Riddler car.

Dwayne is an a$$. At least his scripted character is. I wanted to jump through the TV and smack him around a few times. I guess that is the type of thing they do with TV shows, they want to stir up emotions to maintain your interest. Anybody half interested in cars just want to see the car get built. Screw the BS story lines.

BTW, Overhaulin needs to lose all the prank crap. understand they need to do it to keep the owner going, but take all the time they waste with it and show more details of what is going into the car.

The CARS are why we watch!!! When will they figure it out!!!
      Nick R.
      69 Camaro - 383, 700R4, 12 bolt 3.55, Hotchkis, Bilstein, Global West, Morris Classic
      08 HHR SS - Still Stock for now
      Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score?
      Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Would you rather be the architect of what we might create?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com