Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

2014 MATS Autocross

MATS AUTOCROSS IS A GO! This event will be a Mopars vs. the World event. That means all makes, models and years! Included in your autocross registration will be the chance to participate in the "Turn and Burn" award, for the fastest trip down the 1320 and around the autocross combined. This event will be at Las Vegas Motorspeedway April 11-13. Entry will be for unlimited runs of the autocross all weekend long! If you are an autocrosser, you know where to be! We will have our 1968 Road Runner participating as an exhibition vehicle!
      http://www.moparsatthestrip.com/2007/home.shtml

I've been to this same event the past four years or so and it is an absolute blast. There's action going on all day and into the night, plus the parties and functions at various hotels around LV. Book your room soon ...

The autox course is well set up and very fun, too. I remember the first one we did and second gear was grabbed right out of the start box. Elevation changes, fast slaloms, side-loading sweepers ... FUN!

Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

a little too far for me to drive,but I would like to go sometime!!

drive it like you stole it!
      1971 duster "deb"
      2016 GMC duramax tow rig
      1975 AMC matador coupe-long term project

Quote Originally Posted by mpozzi View Post
      I've been to this same event the past four years or so and it is an absolute blast. There's action going on all day and into the night, plus the parties and functions at various hotels around LV. Book your room soon ...

The autox course is well set up and very fun, too. I remember the first one we did and second gear was grabbed right out of the start box. Elevation changes, fast slaloms, side-loading sweepers ... FUN!

Mary Pozzi
      200 TW required, or is it time to drag out the A6's

200TW. Anything stickier gets you bumped to exhibition.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM Racing View Post
      200TW. Anything stickier gets you bumped to exhibition.
      Would you also use them in the drag race portion of the competition where they add your autox time and drag race time together?

Is this going to be in the same spot it was held in in 2012 with the monstrous cones.

It was a fun event! Glad I was able to make it.

Matt

You can change tires, the Drag strip is held by NHRA Rules.

Matt, Super cones are gone, SCCA does set-up and timing now.

The Kostelaz's were awesome and set up a great course the first year we did the course for Super Chevy the week before MATS (2010, maybe). We set up a very similar course for Hotchkis when they sponsored the autox for MATS and everyone loved it.

If you're on the fence about attending, this is a must-see and do. I saw cars that I'd only read about and really enjoyed all aspects of the event.

Mary Pozzi
      mpozzi . . . '73 Camaro RS, '69 Camaro SCCA/Trans-Am vintage racer, and a 1989 R7U 1LE Players Challenge car.

"STICK, you B*TCH!!!!!!"

"It's not a horse. You can't train it!! "

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com