Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      I'm home this weekend if anyone wants to come by and check out my '67 in person.

Cheers,
      George

Now that I am back for a bit, I went out in the garage today and did a little cleaning and took the cover off the '67 and wiped the pollen off of her and snapped some current pictures. I'll try and get some engine bay pictures and interior pictures soon as well.

In wiping her down I found more damage that Frank did to her. There are a few spots on the spoiler and edge of the trunk lid where he banged something into her and chipped the paint, no dents, but the paint is off down to the primer in two spots. one about the size of a pencil eraser and the other about the size of a dime. He really did nothing to protect my car during storage, though I have heard from many reliable sources that he stored many of our cars outside. Considering this the condition is fantastic, but considering how my car was when I gave it to Frank, it is horrible. I would rank the paint overall as good, it definitely needs some spots retouched and could use a nice machine buff.

I have several interested parties, but still up to whoever gets here first. Looking to send her to a good home soon. I would like to see someone put the finishing touches on her and have her out on the road where she belongs.
      Attached Images Attached Images          

Thanks Steve, please feel free to let your neighbor know that I am back from deployment and ready to get her off to a good home!

Cheers,
      George

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      George,
      I showed this tread to my neighbor who recently lost a project car in a garage fire and has been looking for a replacement project.

Thanks for the offer, that's a sweet T-type you have built! If she doesn't sell quickly who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by xxxturbo6 View Post
      This just sickens me to no end, I can only imagine what your going through..... Well I don't know where you stand financial wise but I would like to trade you my running/driving Pro-touring Buick T-Type for the Camaro and some cash to boot if your interested. My car is well known in the ASCS series and several can vouch for it's build quality. I has the best of the best parts on it and it's ready to hop in and have some fun with.

If your interested shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and we can discuss further...

If you start to part items out I will take the sparco front & rear seats.

Well as many of you know I am back from deployment, but I'm heading out for a much needed vacation with the family. I'll come back up on the net here when we return. Hope everyone has a great Independence Day!

I get back from my family vacation early next week (very relaxing and much needed for the whole family).

While away I took the compiled list and reviewed the cost of what I have in parts to what I could get for the car as a whole and have determined that I would lose several thousand more trying to sell as a whole car.

I can not lose any more money on this project, period.

So for those who were looking to purchase the entire car, sorry but I will be parting this out. The offers I was getting were all around my original asking price of $15k, but after reviewing what parts Frank actually left on the car I can sell them at good prices (meaning good deals on parts for guys on the forum) and still make back a few thousand more than what I would have gotten for the car as a whole.

So if you have your eye on a part from the list in the original post, PM me, when I get home on Tuesday I will start the tear down and taking pictures and listing parts for sale individually in the parts for sale sub-forum.

Thanks again for all the PM's and offers, but I can't sell the car as a whole and lose several thousand dollars after I have lost upwards of $40-50k total, likely a lot more (over $30k in parts alone were stolen by Frank), I think you all can understand that.

Regards,
      George

not to dig up a salty subject.. but were you able to get anything.. a pound of flesh even from Frank? How he is still breathing is a mystery to me.
      From a place you will not see comes a sound you will not hear....

67 Camaro In progress

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Tap-67-camaro

Country Flag: United States
      I would say he's prolly in hiding, another member got lots of judgment against him, but will he see money, doubt it,

there's more to it, but why air the crappy details where lots of people got taken, me personally just got my stuff 4-6 months after ordering parts, but I'm sure there's many more horror stories,
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

George, I'm no on the Eastern Shore in VA, do you have a updated list of parts your selling off?
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post
      George, I'm no on the Eastern Shore in VA, do you have a updated list of parts your selling off?
      Steve,

I'll post it up in the parts for sale forum as soon as I get back to MD in a few days. I'm just over the bridge and South of Annapolis a few miles.

Quote Originally Posted by XLexusTech View Post
      not to dig up a salty subject.. but were you able to get anything.. a pound of flesh even from Frank? How he is still breathing is a mystery to me.
      Just my car in this condition with a good 60% of the parts stolen off of it.

George,

What does it take to buy the car as a whole?

Also interested, I fly back this week

Camaro is still available, will start parting her out tonight.
      Last edited by navyflyer72; 08-06-2014 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Change in status

What is the price for the car as is ? I have read the thread about everything being stole, but can't find a price listed anywhere.

PM sent , give me a call.

Sorry guys, car is sold pending funds to the second offer. First offer had to drop for personal reasons, car was sold within hours.

There will be parts for sale that the buyer does not need. These will include the exhaust, engine, trans, and several other parts. I will start listing those as soon as I take them off the car starting this weekend.

Thanks for all the PM's and interest and everyone's concern for what happened with this project. Maybe someday in the future I will be able to build a pro-touring car, right now though I can't. I hope that, if nothing else, you all have seen firsthand through my experience that a scam artist will rip off anyone, even if that person is off to war, they have no integrity, they only care about themselves, they don't truly care about any of you, only what you can do for them. I hope what happened to me and many others does not happen to any of you. The real pro-tourers on here are my brothers. Unfortunately there are many out there that are looking to take advantage of us. Identify them as I have so that others don't get burned.

Thanks again everyone.

Regards,
      George

Did the sale go through? I am interested in the car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com