Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My '67 Camaro project for sale

I'm moving this post to the "cars for sale" so I can list everything I have left and sell it as a roller project deal.

Here is the (mostly complete) list of what you would get:

the painted body, glass, trim, bumpers, Sparco seats, custom Sparco rear seat, three-point seat belts, dynamat, carpets, Sparco steering wheel, tilt telescoping column, Lokar braided e-brake line and custom center console mounter e-brake handle (like the Mule) billet pedals, CF gauge pod and Autometer CF gauges, Alpine stereo, Vintage air system, controller, hydroboost system, AGR steering gearbox, 383 stroker motor and what I believe is a TKO, RS headlights, completely rebuilt with new motors and servos, DSE mini tubs, and DSE SFCs, 1/2" solid sluminum drop bushings. Vintage Air front runner with alternator, a/c compressor, water pump, etc. Edelbrock Victor Junior intake with Demon 750, Magnaflow exhaust and mufflers, stainless works gas tank, LED taillights and new bezels, brake lines, fuel lines, headlights, fog lights, weatherstripping, headliner, sail panels, RS Grill, billet trunk mounted batter mount. I am sure I am forgetting some parts, but I'll add them as I go over the car more.

There are some really nice (that's a joke) steel wheels and unknown junker rear end, crappy spring, no shocks.

Send your best offer for everything. Prefer to sell as a package, not part out.

You can see some recent pics here: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=prodigy

and some better pics in my photio bucket link in my signature.

The Camaro is in Maryland.

Thanks for looking guys. I have this offer out to a few individuals, but figured I would list it for everyone to see.

Regards,
      George

Country Flag: United States
      I am interested in the package deal keep me in line please.

I sent PM

George, Sorry about the Problems you had. Somebody will get a good deal and you can move on with your life.

Good Luck & Thanks for your Service to this Country!

That's a helluva deal!! Sorry about your situation too, but someone is gonna get a great buy! I swear, I've spent close to that in parts over the last 6 months...where were ya last year!!

Sir,

Im sorry to hear what happened, but I am interested in your Camaro, would you please send me a contact number to reach you at. Also any other pictures you have of the car and parts.

Thanks

Man! That is sad to hear but heres a bump to help with the sale. Hope to see ya in something just as cool sooner than later, sir.

You should just post some current, and good pictures of the car. That link is going to do more harm then good imo.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the responses and PM's. I'm a straight forward guy and I want everyone to be aware of what they are getting, since there are current pics in that thread, that's why I posted it.

The link to my photobucket (in my signature block) gives you a good idea of the different stages of this build and the link to the thread about the story about Prodigy has the pics from when I picked her up (which are the most recent pics of her) and that thread shows how it all came to an end which resulted in me posting her for sale. I would get her out from under a cover in my garage and clean her up and buff her out and make her all shiny, but there's a foot of snow on the ground here and I am not trying to sell something that she just isn't right now.

This IS a fantastic starting point for someone. I had the essentials taken care of, minitubs and DSE SFC's are installed, but need to be cleaned up and painted or undercoated or both (POR-15 inside, undercoat out, or POR-15 everywhere, your choice). The rest of the underside is coated with POR-15.

The original front subframe was powdercoated. She was supposed to have a DSE front subframe, but that part was apparently lost in the mail after I paid for it. $7000 lost.

The front and rear QA1's are gone, she's only riding on springs, rusty junkyard springs. over $1000 lost there

She was supposed to get a G-Bar rear suspension and a shortened rear, she's riding on rusty junyard leafs and a rusted rear (probably a 10 bolt too). That's several thousands lost.

Had a Baer brake disc setup all around, was going to a Wilwood setup, but those too were lost in the mail after I paid for them, several thousands lost there too. There are some junkyard spindles and rusted drum brakes up front, same on the rusted rear.

She was supposed to be riding on Forgeline wheels, but she's rolling on rusted steel wheels. Again paid for, never received. Several thousands lost there too.

The interior is mostly there, just needs a good cleaning and reinstalled, the engine/trans combo looks good with a 383 stroker and possibly a TKO, Fuel system is there, the electrical system is a there (Painless), the Vintage Air A/C is there, the weatherstripping and glass are all there, the chrome and stainless trim is all there, the lights are all there (RS headlights, LED taillights w/ new show bezels, reverse lights), gauges, center dash console with Vintage Air controller installed and Alpine stereo, A bunch of nice Lokar pieces, tilt steering column painted exterion body color, push to start button from S2000, CF Autometer Gauges, door panels, electric life electric windows front and rear, 6/9 speakers in rear deck, 6" mids in kick panels, tweeters too.

Nice pedal set up, stainless Works gas tank (for carburated) and aeromotive pump. Vintage Air front runner system and all accessories, hydroboost setup, needs cleaned up.

Needs driveshaft, possibly needs clutch.

So you can see that there are a lot of great parts and work done to this car, but there are a bunch of things missing. You could get this Camaro on the road for a few thousand, easily. But for me to try and get her to where she was supposed to be after coming back from Prodigy would cost me $30+ thousand and I just can't do that.

Plus I am deploying again and this has been such an ordeal that my wife doesn't want to be reminded of this situation every day when she pulls into the garage when I am gone. It was supposed to be a tribute car built to my brother, and now it is just a reminder of the worst type of people. In my opinion these type of predators are worse than Taliban and al Qaeda. At least those idiots are completely up front about what they intend to do, even if it is screwed up to us. People who would lie to your face about how bad ass your car will be when they are done with it, all the while ripping off good, hard working people simply for greed are the scum of the earth and deserve all the bad karma that will eventually come around.

In the meantime, someone will get a great deal on a Camaro that is really close to being done, but needs someone elses TLC now.

R, George

PM sent with contact info

This just sickens me to no end, I can only imagine what your going through..... Well I don't know where you stand financial wise but I would like to trade you my running/driving Pro-touring Buick T-Type for the Camaro and some cash to boot if your interested. My car is well known in the ASCS series and several can vouch for it's build quality. I has the best of the best parts on it and it's ready to hop in and have some fun with.

If your interested shoot me an e-mail at [email protected] and we can discuss further...

If you start to part items out I will take the sparco front & rear seats.
      1986 Buick T-Type

RideTech, DSE, BAER Brakes, Forgeline Wheels, LED lighting, More!

* Get your Top of the line GPS Theft recovery devices Here!
      www.GNSperformance.com

George,
      I showed this tread to my neighbor who recently lost a project car in a garage fire and has been looking for a replacement project.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Bump for a fellow warrior!

George,

It saddens me to see this happen to a fellow aviator... I have seen, first hand, the crap that Frank has put someone through! Godspeed to you on your next deployment! I hope to see you someday soon amigo!

TC
      USAF HC-130 pilot

Pm sent
      Nick

Guys, apologize, as I told many of you in pm's, I had to go overseas for work. I'm finally back CONUS and will be in MD this Thursday. if anyone wants to come over and see her I'll be available this weekend. Would like to do this quickly, since it looks like world events are going to cause me to have to leave again very soon. So I want to try and make someone very happy very soon.

Starting from scratch, send me a pm with you location and offer. Looking to give her a send off right away.

Regards,
      George

Can you send me some updated pics? I was extremely interested a few months ago. I am overseas now but coming home in roughly 2 weeks. Could be my new project

John
      [email protected]

John,
      I'm still at FT Bragg until Thursday, Bottom line, my Camaro sat in my garage in MD under a cover since I left, so no change to her at all, so besides any dust that might have blown up under the cover she's in the exact same condition as the pics I loaded up a few months back. If I have time when I get home to get more pics loaded I will, but my.turnaround is going to be fast on this pit stop home, so no promises.

Cheers,
      George

George,

This is Brad in Tn, I spoke with you several months ago, I have been trying to get in touch with you, Call me 276 337 7957, I want the car.

I AM VERY INTERESTED can you email me please [email protected]

Thanks guys, just replied to all the pm's I had waiting. I'll be home in Maryland in about two days. My plan is to compile all the offers and pick the best offer in the next 7-10 days. I want one lucky person to have this beauty in their garage getting some TLC before July, she deserves it.

Keep 'me coming, I will respond to everyone who writes.

Cheers,
      George

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com