Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Advice Needed

Country Flag: United States

Advice Needed

Hello all,
      I hope this section is ok to post in. I am currently rebuilding a 351c w/ 4bbl heads. Rebuilding it to sell because I am not going to use it in my 68 fastback build. Putting the money from the motor back into the car as it is in need of a lot of love. My question is: What are freshly rebuilt 351c's going for these days. It is already .030 over and the bearings are .010. It was rebuilt about 15 years ago, and never ran, so it was really dirty. I dropped it off at one of the best machine shops in the state earlier. I am having them polish the crank, lightly hone the cylinders to clean them up (the hone marks from the rebuild years earlier are still nice and pretty, but very light corrosion from sitting up a long time has surfaced), I had them inspect the cam (comp 270 hydraulic flat tapppet) and lifters and pushrods (found out they were all brand new and have never been ran). They are going to hot tank the block and heads, they are going to take the heads down and inspect all valves and then lap the valves, we are replacing the rockers and fulcrums with new ones because the stock fulcrums had slight wear on them. Main and rod bearings are all getting replaced. The pistons are in great shape and are getting reringed. I am gonna sell it with a flexplate and Edelbrock Torker intake. The water pump and oil pump were new, you can tell neither had any fluid ran through them. I am going to repaint it too. I just dont know what I should ask for it. Any advice or help on maximizing my profit would be great.
      thanks in advance and moderators please move this thread if I put it in the wrong place
      2006 Vortec Max CC 2WD, tuned, full exhaust, CAI and a few other things. 1968 Ford Mustang GT C-Code build.

Country Flag: United States
      Any help would be great guys, not trying to sell it here, just looking for some insight if anyone has it.
      2006 Vortec Max CC 2WD, tuned, full exhaust, CAI and a few other things. 1968 Ford Mustang GT C-Code build.

Country Flag: Cambodia
      Is it a a motor from 68?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com