Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: AutoBahn F-100

Country Flag: Germany
      The mufflers are Flowmaster 44s ... This is just to get it running .. I am thinking of a full length exhaust system later and may run cut outs with exits left and right above the running boards in front of the rear fenders ... just like I have it now ...

Name:  Foto 1.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  254.6 KB

Sorry for staying radio silent for the past 9 month or so. Business kept me away from my project, but I am back now. The body went off and on a few times. Finished the fire wall mod. Seats are in the cab. Steering is done. Had to get another set of headers as the Sanderson headers would not clear the steering. Exhaust is welded, but needs to be taken apart for coating. Drive shaft installed after changing the yoke. Axles are in the full floater rear end. All fluids are in. Just last night I did the bleeding of the brakes and the hydraulic throw out bearing. Now working the wiring, gauges and all the electrical stuff.

Country Flag: United States
      Hey, I forgot about this build. Good to see you're still on it. Can't wait to see it on the Nurburgring. I read about the new speed limits for sections of the track, that's a shame in my opinion. But should still be fun!

Country Flag: South Africa
      Welcome back Kai
      So good to see you back at your build
      trust you are well

Quote Originally Posted by Street-Garage View Post
      Name:  Foto 1.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  254.6 KB

Sorry for staying radio silent for the past 9 month or so. Business kept me away from my project, but I am back now. The body went off and on a few times. Finished the fire wall mod. Seats are in the cab. Steering is done. Had to get another set of headers as the Sanderson headers would not clear the steering. Exhaust is welded, but needs to be taken apart for coating. Drive shaft installed after changing the yoke. Axles are in the full floater rear end. All fluids are in. Just last night I did the bleeding of the brakes and the hydraulic throw out bearing. Now working the wiring, gauges and all the electrical stuff.

Thanx guys. Good to be back. I was in and out San Diego fives times from Jan to Aug. Four weeks there and then 3 1/2 weeks in Germany. I did attend two Pomona and another big swap meet, the Grand Nat's and the L.A. Roadster shows, two Goodguys events (Del Mar and Pleasanton), a NASCAR and an Indy Car race and a cool Autocross (the latter with Mike Maier), countless small car shows in San Diego and the greater LA area as well as two air shows with WWII war birds. That was all pretty cool, but I had nothing to wrench on. At least I made the best out of my weekends. Enough for now. Back into the garage ... :-)

Since I have moved the engine back as much as possible, I had to cut the firewall. Bought an aftermarket firewall, but decided to cut only as much as needed and build my own. These photos show how much. Just enough clearance to get the valve covers off.

Name:  Foto 3.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  210.0 KB

Name:  Foto 4.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  185.3 KB

Name:  Foto 5.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  241.6 KB

Country Flag: Canada
      Any updates on this?

Country Flag: United States
      maybe we can nudge Kai and get him to post some more. The truck has been done for a while and has been out and about. Lately they had it on the Ring and at Hockenheim, and to many shows in Germany. The back window has a cool script reading "Too Fat to Fly". They are having a good time with it.

That's ashame they haven't kept us in the loop.

That thing has to be a blast

Kai,

do you plan to make it street legal or is this a red-plate project?
      I'd be interested to know because of my D150 race/autobahn-truck.

Alex,
      located in Bochum

1985 Dodge Power Ram W250 3/4t 360/518/241
      2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT-10 505/T56/D60 small upgrades

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com