Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Door pannel clips 1969 camaro

Having problems with the clips on door pannels popping back out. Have new inserts and clips? Standard door pannels. Any ideas?

Dan
      1969 rs, bbc, tremec 600, 12 bolt, mini tubs, dse a-arms, springs, iforge wheels...

are you using the wire clips? Those are nice if you remove the panels a bunch, but if you need something to stick, try the plastic threaded ones. They are usually only good once because when you pull them out it strips the threads, but the stick damn good.

Country Flag: United States
      Check out a fastenal store. They have tons of different clips. May have something that could be more durable.

Door pannel clips 1969 camaro

I use the heavy duty Velcro- works awesome and easy!

Search Ebay for 3M Dual Lock.

It is a "Velcro" but MUCH heavier duty. It is what they currently use to attach production door panels with.

Name:  dual lock.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  71.8 KB
      This is the build thread for my car
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Beak-Job-quot

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodneb View Post
      Search Ebay for 3M Dual Lock.

It is a "Velcro" but MUCH heavier duty. It is what they currently use to attach production door panels with.

Name:  dual lock.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  71.8 KB
      I used these to hold my aftermarket kick panels on. They hold really well, my only complaint is that the glue doesn't hold. If there was something that could be done about that, they would be great. I cleaned the surface to make sure there wasn't any residue or dust but they just don't hold on to the surface. It actually takes some force to separate them though..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

A thin layer of high quality contact cement on both surfaces before applying the peel/stick solves that problem. I too had trouble getting them to stick to the paper backing of my door panel for example, but this solved that.
      This is the build thread for my car
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Beak-Job-quot

Does the contact cement cause the glue on the velcro to give it up? I wondered if I should peel the double sided tape off and then glue the velcro to the metal.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com