Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Finland

LT1 in 1967 camaro, headers???

So i need full lenght headers, what brand etc will fit in there?? I also have power steering from 1995 iroc-z so the steering box is little bigger then the original one. Engine is from 1995 camaro.

The original engine was 350 carbed and had some hooker headers and they fit barely, had banged a little dent in them.

my budget for the headers are somewhere close to 400$ i think.

Country Flag: United States
      I used Blackjack headers with the LT1 in my 68 when it still had the LT1. No dents or special fitment.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
      I used Blackjack headers with the LT1 in my 68 when it still had the LT1. No dents or special fitment.
      Do you happen to recall what was the exact type etc? There are few different types of exhaust and many have only 1,5/8 tube diameter, is it enough for the d-ports so it will cover them?

I used 1-3/4" headers in my 67 El Camino, which covered the ports and sealed well. It looked like 1-5/8" might have a sealing issue. There are quite a few d-port headers out there. My car started out with a regular small block and then I put in the LT1, so I used the headers I had already. They were Stainless Works, very nice but a bit pricy.
      2018 Cruze LT Hatchback
      2003 Suburban 2500 8.1L
      1975 MGB Roadster
      2003 GSX750F Katana

I used Dynatech 740-11210
      These are 1-5/8" and step to 1-3/4"

I have the Fastburn heads, similar port style to your heads.

These headers look great, keep a ton of heat out of the engine compartment, and fit great.
      You can install these with the engine bolted into place.
      The clearance around the plugs is very good also. 30-45 min plug changes when everything is cold.

The only thing I dont like about them is the ground clearance. They could be tucked up another 1-1/2" or so. Cant have everything i guess!!

PM me your email and I can send you pics of them.

Summit Page
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dtc-740-11210

Dynatech page
      http://www.dynatechheaders.com/m_nova_68_74.html

Mine were the cheap Blackjack's - cheapest I could get so I'm sure they were 1-5/8". I have used Dynomax headers on an LT1 as well with no problem in my 83 Z28 build years ago and I used Edelbrock TES headers in my IROC LT1 build. They also worked fine.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

i would reallu wanna buy these but have no idea of the fitting http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Race-EXH...837143&vxp=mtr

Really like the look on those and the price ainīt bad either, if could get some dimension on them woul be really nice. Does some one have those in their car etc to take some measurements on them??

If those are for a 4th gen camaro (93-97), I don't think they are going to work. I used some coated dynomax 1 5/8 long tube headers for a 67-81. The only problem was the ground clearance on the drivers collector. What engine frame mounts (the one that bolt between the frame and motor mount) do you have? There are a couple of different ones for small blocks and different header manufacturers used different ones to design their headers.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      If those are for a 4th gen camaro (93-97), I don't think they are going to work. I used some coated dynomax 1 5/8 long tube headers for a 67-81. The only problem was the ground clearance on the drivers collector. What engine frame mounts (the one that bolt between the frame and motor mount) do you have? There are a couple of different ones for small blocks and different header manufacturers used different ones to design their headers.
      i donīt know the model, its 1974 350 block. Iīm gonna take some measurements from them and try to find out the make and model. I have tons of clearance now and have long headers.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com