Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I have a BendPak asymmetrical 2 post lift. Quality is mostly good though one of the carriages was welded a little out of level which significantly puts the car out of level. I’ve been working with Bendpak but a full solution is not easy without completely disassembling the lift and replacing the carriage. Install is mostly easy with 2 guys. I complicated it by painting it black with Rust Oleum Hammer Finish but even with that it wasn’t bad. Their install instructions are terrible. I’m not one to hire anyone but if I had it to do over again, I would have paid the $750 for a manufacture certified installer as I would have had them on the hook for correcting the mis-welded carriage. BendPak's entire Tech Support team are total losers...fire all of them if I had any say!!......couldn’t answer a single question with anything other than canned mumbo jumbo. I ended up having to call my dealer, Garage Equipment Supply, and they hooked me up with the Tech Support supervisor. He is working with me. GES are awesome guys. Also get ready for some electrical modifications with this lift. They provide 14 AWG SO electrical cord for connection between the overhead cut off switch and the motor. That cord is not rated for the 30A circuit necessary and specified in their instructions. As well, the overhead cut off switch they provide is also rated for 15A. In a nutshell both of these are hazard. I ran my own conduit and cable though I did leave the provided switch since changing it would have required totally modifying the switch mounting bracket and frankly even though it is a “fuse” there isn’t anything near it that I worry about a fire. Tech support guys didn’t understand anything electrical. Operation and the fit/finish is pretty good, no real complaints. I put down 6” of 4500 lb concrete while building my shop, worth the piece of mind. Their instructions on vehicle placement are worse than their install instructions. They have a good book with most cars/trucks listed for pad placement though when using their suggestion for my 2010 Tundra, their placement points won’t work. And that is only ½ of the equation, the other more difficult part is the placement fore/aft of the vehicle in the lift. Yes, many factors impact this placement that make it difficult for them to get a true location for all cases but something better than “put it on, lift it up a foot and shake it real good” isn’t asking for much IMO. Idiotic answers to serious questions....anger me....especially with so much at risk. Common sense gets tapped a ton here, don’t expect any help from Bendpak. All those complaints aside, the functionality is well worth the challenges.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Rotary SPOA10 here....... Love it!
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's

Rotary is only way to go. I have 2 SPOA10 units in my 4 bay home shop. As a long time ASE Master tech I have worked in shops with many brands of lifts and my life is worth more than a cheap lift. Rotary lifts have 2 cylinders and dual lift locks for added safety. It's your ass...you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by 401Spirit View Post
      Rotary is only way to go. I have 2 SPOA10 units in my 4 bay home shop. As a long time ASE Master tech I have worked in shops with many brands of lifts and my life is worth more than a cheap lift. Rotary lifts have 2 cylinders and dual lift locks for added safety. It's your ass...you choose.
      And Made in America!

I sold a few lifts when I was in the tool business. I deal with worth equipment out of texas. One of things that I remember the sales rep telling me about lifts and a lot of other equipment as far as that goes. Shipping weight. If you compare shipping weight of one lift vs another you can see that some of them are built with less steel. It is either in the uprights or in the plate that bolts to the ground. The guys name is Steve at worth equipment. There service is excellent as well. I hope to build a 50x100 shop this next year and plan to install a lift.

Has anyone ever dealt with a single post lift?

I have a 9k Bendpak 4 post that I bought the wheel set for it also ...its the best $ I ever spent on shop tools.
      1968 F100 sb full vic chassis swap
      1965 Mustang coupe 347 5 spd cheap touring SOLD
      2003 Porsche 996 Outlaw LS2 swap SOLD
      1992 Lexus SC400 daily SOLD
      1966 Porsche 912 Outlaw SOLD
      1968 Ford F-100 sb SOLD

I went with the Atlas

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1098 View Post
      Has anyone ever dealt with a single post lift?
      When I was in high school back in the early 70's I worked for a Texaco service station (try to find a service station these days) and back then all service stations were equipped with single cylinder lifts. Not only were they hard to work around under the car, they would rotate as the cylinder came up and they had a very primitive safety lock. And god help you if the seal started leaking, stupid expensive to repair. Speaking of stupid expensive, the install required a huge hole in the garage floor probably 8ft to 10ft deep in order to bury the cylinder housing. With the introduction of the 2 post and 4 post lifts the single post rapidly became obsolete. I have not seen one in a new construction shop in many many years and to be honest I would bet they are not even legal anymore.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

I want one bad but having the boat in the garage really hinders the layout for one. I've about decided if I don't use the boat any more this summer then I have in the past 2 years, im selling it and installing a lift in that bay.

My dad bought his 9000lb 2 post Mohawk 25 years ago, still working strong. Last year I bought a used 10,000lb 2 post Mohawk (a few small changes from dads, but feels like using the same hoist). Made in the good old USA and very good quality.

IMO after working seven years in a shop with a variety of lift types, a two post is best for working on cars.

I wish I had the room, but my garage isn't really big enough. About 25x22, a hair over 10' for clearance. I could do a lift, but it would be tight. I have a post in the middle that pisses me off everyday that I plan on getting rid of this summer and install an lvl beam. A lift would just be another damn post, and I wouldn't be able to stand under the car anyway.

I have been kicking around buying a quick jack setup. http://www.bendpak.com/Shop-Equipmen...k/BL-5000.aspx
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

What are the prices have you guys paid for the different brands? Just trying to get a feel of which brand charges what to help with figuring out what's what so to speak....thanks!

I have three lifts I purchased from Derek Weaver in Fort Worth Texas. Prices are on their website. They seem to have better testing and approvals than some other lifts.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  147.3 KBI have a 2-post and 4-post in my 3 car garage. Most of my work gets done on my 2-post. Both are Direct Lift. Customer service/tech has been excellent. I installed both of them by myself with their directions and a few videos on youtube.
      Joe
      1969 Firebird Project
      1967 Frirebird 400 convertible
      2013 Boss 302

I priced a new Mohawk 10,000lb for $5800.00, installed before I found my used Mohawk 10,000lb. I bought it at an auction for $3,700 and took it down and installed it my self. I know you can buy different brands cheaper but my personal opinion is that they are one of the best on the market.

If you have a garage.. not a shop, 4 post is the only way to go.. get the caster set.. and move it whenever you need it, then move it back when you don't. You don't have to bolt anything down...and it take literally 5 mins to move it with one person.. I been doing it this way for right at 10 years..and its the best money spent on any tool.. I pull/drop motors out, do brakes.. i even clean my car with them..

10 ft ceiling is a much .. that way you can have the car full lifted and walk under it and work without hurting your back.

here is a few pics of using the lift for work, storage and evening moving it outside to drop the motor in my Ferrari.. perfectly safe..althoguht it doesn't look like it..
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Bendpak SP7X

I like mine because when it's not in use its flat.

Quote Originally Posted by joshtownsend View Post
      If you have a garage.. not a shop, 4 post is the only way to go.. get the caster set.. and move it whenever you need it, then move it back when you don't. You don't have to bolt anything down...and it take literally 5 mins to move it with one person.. I been doing it this way for right at 10 years..and its the best money spent on any tool.. I pull/drop motors out, do brakes.. i even clean my car with them..

10 ft ceiling is a much .. that way you can have the car full lifted and walk under it and work without hurting your back.

here is a few pics of using the lift for work, storage and evening moving it outside to drop the motor in my Ferrari.. perfectly safe..althoguht it doesn't look like it..
      Wow....
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Country Flag: Canada

Danmar 4 post...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com