Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

CR concern for running supercharger

Hi guys I'm looking at getting the vortech v-2 supercharger kit to go on my 355 sbc. The engine puts out 375hp and 400ft/lbs of tourque with a 9.5:1 CR. My question is will that put my CR too high to the point that I can't run on 93 octane with my dart iron heads that are on the engine now? I've heard mixed results saying yea it would be too high and others that say it will be fine because the kit says it only puts out 6psi. Thought I should ask you guys to plan my costs. also if anybody knows where to get a good blow through carb for the application let me know. Thanks guys, Ray

You will be fine on 6lbs with 93 octane. It is all in a safe tune. Proper airfuel ratio curve, timing and spark plugs. For comparison, I have a 302 with 9:1 ish on 91 octane. I am running 9 psi with a turbo and intercooler. I built my own carb for blowthrough from these directions. For a carb and company called CSU is really good. Check here for really good forced induction info.
      70 Cougar
      Aces Kill shot efi
      Turbocharged 5.0 430hp 488tq
      Tremec 3550
      13" Cobra brakes
      Unisteer Manual rack

Quote Originally Posted by 705.0Merc View Post
      You will be fine on 6lbs with 93 octane. It is all in a safe tune. Proper airfuel ratio curve, timing and spark plugs. For comparison, I have a 302 with 9:1 ish on 91 octane. I am running 9 psi with a turbo and intercooler. I built my own carb for blowthrough from these directions. For a carb and company called CSU is really good. Check here for really good forced induction info.
      alright thanks a lot, I'll check all that out!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com