Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Thinking about selling my Pro-touring 69 Camaro

I am thinking about selling my 69 camaro when the weather starts to warm up and I want to get the forum's thought on value.

The specifics:
      69 Camaro X44 car (no special options other than a fold down rear seat which is pointless since it has been DSE minitubbed).
      Full Ride tech suspension (front strong arms, rear 4-link, with front and rear sway bars)
      Lee Manufacturing Power Steering box
      Mild 350 SBC with turbo 350 automatic (I have a 20k mile LS2 with 4L65E out of a 2007 trailblazer SS I had planned to put in the car at some point)
      Brand New Ford 9" with 3.89 gears (the trailblazer comes with 4.11s from the factory but since the car is so much lighter I didn't think the car needed that much gear to accelerate down the road)
      Wilwood 6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears with integrated parking brake (12.19 inch rotors front and rear)
      Lokar parking brake kit installed
      Wilwood master cylinder and proportioning valve (have booster but didn't install it because the Wilwood told me the MC bore worked better as a manual brake application)
      Rushforth Livewires - polished 18x12 rears and 18x9 fronts
      Michellin Pilot PS2 335/35 rears 275/30 fronts (I think. regardless you get the idea here, this car is set up exactly the way ridetech set their first gen up with the exception of the rear end)
      DSE minitubs

I bought the car as a complete driving camaro which had been restored in the late 80's so the paint is not show quality but it works well for the street. It needs a floor pan patch on both the driver and passenger side (the area where the rear passenger's feet go) which I had planned to do before installing the new engine (due to the additional power and the plan to add DSE subframe connectors which would require chopping up that area). There is also some bubbling at the bottom of the passenger side door which was also on the list to fix (probably with replacement metal).

I would like everyones thoughts on (1) the value of the car as it sits (without the LS2 installed) and (2) how I should offer up the car given all of the work I still have yet to complete (i.e., should it be sold to someone to take it to the finish line (mind you, it runs and drives great as is), should I go ahead and do the metal repair prior to offering it up?, should I offer it with the LS2/metal work already complete?, etc.). I was thinking that I would leave the work on the doors to the next buyer as they could opt to change the color of the car while doing/having that work done but I am not sure of that decision just yet.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated and I have more pictures if anyone would like a better look.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 1407
Size:  214.6 KBName:  photo 1.JPG
Views: 1041
Size:  131.2 KBName:  photo 3.JPG
Views: 1046
Size:  140.4 KBName:  photo 4.JPG
Views: 1041
Size:  97.6 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Last edited by l_and_t_reproductions; 02-05-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Corrected front wheel width

Name:  DSC_0493.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  146.3 KBName:  DSC_0490.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  179.0 KB

I personally would let the future owner decide on what work he/she wants to do to the car. If you continue to do work on the car then the price goes up and you put it out of some peoples price range. If it is a nice running and driving car with a driver paint job (as it appears in the pics) leave it alone and sell it as is. If the future owner wants to leave the car as is you can always sell the parts that the buyer does not want. If that is the case, I would be interested in the LS2/4l60e combo. I am south of Omaha,NE.
      Thanks, Jarrod

Thanks for the advice CornHusker. I was leaning towards the same conclusion. What would you say as far as value?

about 22k-26k as it sits no LS.. would be my guess

I would say depending on how the paint is, high 20's. You have a lot of nice parts on the car.

Post up some pics of the engine bay and interior
      You want to show it as you would be "selling" it, to get the best opinions here
      Other than that, we are guessing at what else the car has and / or condition of remaining areas not described, which could add or deduct from the value

Jeff

High 20's as it sits, $35k ish with ls.

Sell it as it is to keep the price down, people are picky when it comes to ls swaps

Thanks for the information guys. As soon as it stops snowing here on the East Coast I will get out to the garage and take some pics of the engine/interior.

Great looking Camaro!

How do the 10" front wheels fit in the front? Did you have to limit the turning radius? What is the rear back spacingon the front wheels?
      Marc Battiste

1969 Camaro
      LY6/T56/12 Bolt

No rubbing at all on the fronts. They are 18x9s with 5.375 B.S. I fine tuned the caster/camber and the spring pre-load to get the fit just right.

A few more pics as requested.

Name:  image (7).jpg
Views: 780
Size:  134.1 KBName:  image (3).jpg
Views: 823
Size:  199.0 KBName:  image (9).jpg
Views: 810
Size:  164.5 KB I have an Eastwood Trunk Paint kit to finish this areas once it gets warm. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  151.4 KB

Alright I have decided to sell the car. Asking 29k without the LS2/4L70E. 35k with the motor/trans. Will sell the motor/trans separate.

Country Flag: Australia
      around 40-50k if sell to australia i reckon
      Mopar or no Car
      Your either with us or Behind us

Sold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by l_and_t_reproductions View Post
      Alright I have decided to sell the car. Asking 29k without the LS2/4L70E. 35k with the motor/trans. Will sell the motor/trans separate.
      SOLD... THANKS ERIC... 2 HOURS 45 MINUTES TO DRIVE HOME But it was a great ride!!! This is a heck of alot of car for the price!!! Glad we were able to work out a deal

Mark
      TOOFUN

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com