Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hilborn 8 stack efi injection on BB Chevy

Thinking of switching to Hilborn 8 stack efi injection. Anyone running a similar setup on the street. Any driveability issues?

I ran one on a SBC two years ago and it ran great on the street. You need to spend the pennies on the tool to synchronize all the stacks and take your time with setup. Andy does a great job on youtube of explaining the setup.
      A couple of thoughts, you need to find a way to mount a map sensor. I drilled a 1/8" hole and tapped it below each throttle plate and ran 8 individual nylon lines to a manifold and mounted my map sensor in the manifold. Some people experienced pulsing in the map manifold from the individual cylinders, I did not. If so you can buy a cheap canister made for this from Kinsler.
      I actually loved the way mine ran on the street but I had a problem with my FAST unit in the middle of Indiana on a trip and FAST acted like they could care less and left me there for days without a running car. I swore off fuel injection forever but got the bug again with HOlley and love the setup!
      Any questions fire away, I got to know that setup pretty good.
      Tom

If I recall correctly, Andy has a BBC in his 55(or 56) chevy. It has the stacks with Holley EFI electronics. He drives the car often, and races it too.

Tom, what do think about running a deadhead return fuel delivery system for the Fox Engineering Hilborne 8 stack conversion EFI intake? I have a Ricks fuel tank with an in-tank pump, I'd like to install the regulator at the back near the tank and keep it out of the engine compartment if at all possible. If the deadhead is not the best option than I'll go with a full pressure system with the regulator on the return after the feed to the fuel block. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
      Morey

Quote Originally Posted by dj94gt View Post
      If I recall correctly, Andy has a BBC in his 55(or 56) chevy. It has the stacks with Holley EFI electronics. He drives the car often, and races it too.
      ^^^^
      Need more info on this car!!

Im really not sure on the deadhead. I always have ran mine with the regulator on the return side. Andy is a fantastic guy to work with and never holds back.
      To me the biggest key is making sure the stacks are synchronized correctly and the linkage is setup correctly. Its not hard at all, mine ran excellent on the street also.
      Tom

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com