Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Supercharger

Country Flag: United States

Supercharger

Supercharger intake? I am working on a 69 Camaro with AME chassis and ls3,t56 powertrain. I purchased the wegner motorsports front drive setup. I am also using a lysholm/whipple 3300 supercharger it uses the rear air inlet that they refer to as the crusher off of the mustang setup. My problem is clearance. The inlet is angled towards the master cylinder. It is also close to the hood like 1/2 inch. I have plenty of clearance where the cowl part of the hood is but not on the flat part of the hood. I am considering building a custom intake for the rear. and possibly going with a gm type throttle body and mounting it right above the #5 cylinder. My other thought was to mount it on the passengers 04 mustang setup. I want something that looks good, and will work correctly, not just piece a bunch of pipe together for a adaptor. Any thoughts or good contacts would be greatly appreciated.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

The 03-04 Cobra Mustangs have the throttle body on the passenger side. Is that elbow reversible? Would that work better?
      70 Cougar
      Aces Kill shot efi
      Turbocharged 5.0 430hp 488tq
      Tremec 3550
      13" Cobra brakes
      Unisteer Manual rack

I actually just bought one off of ebay, the cobra style. Unfortunately it is not reversible. That however is the first thing everyone says. It has a bypass valve in the middle of it. Thanks for the comment.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com