Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

1971 Nova Build ??

I no longer need the 335/30RZ18, found a Perrelli Zero something in San Diego and will be delivered on Monday Can't wait to get this fat tire under there and see
      if all clears. Then I can finish the drivers side, check that side and time to order the wheels & tires. Slow progress but enjoying every minute it. Thanks everyone.

1971 Nova Build ??

This is not much of of an update, but wanted to show you guys what the tire looks like under car. Also have some questions for all who are running this size tire & wheel combo. Going to post this over at the tires & wheels section too. Ok the tire is a 335/30RZ18 Pirelli Rosso, it measures side wall to side wall 14-1/8" without the wheel mounted. Stuck it under the car and have a little under a 1/4" on each side of the side walls. My question is when the wheel is mounted to the tire does it suck in the side walls a little bit? Does anyone have a true side wall measurement with 335/30RZ18 from BFG KDW2 or BFG Rivals & 18x12 wheel mounted together? This measurement would help with my decision to stay with this tire or go down to a 315/30RZ18. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Update: sorry I accidentally deleted these pics, but the tire in question wasn't was I was going with. I have some pics in my other posts that I've updated showing what I will be going with.

Country Flag: United States
      Wow, that sucker looks super fat! Yes wheel width will affect sidewall "section" width. We have dealt with different mfgs for tires and the same tire, say a 315, is an actual different width between each one. We've used Michelin, Nitto, and Falkens lately. Personally I've just gone to the mfgs website and looked up tire size dimensions to make the best guess. Tirerack.com is also a pretty good resource for this. Make sure you're comparing apples to apples, i.e. look at the measuring rim, such as a 315 on an 11" rim. Also remember their [315] width is measuring sidewall to sidewall, not tread width. Hope this helps a bit.
      Last edited by Ben@SpeedTech; 02-20-2014 at 01:46 PM.
      -Ben, Creative Director at Speedtech Performance
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      435-628-4300 www.speedtechperformance.com
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

Jay has BFG G Force T/A KDWs (flame style tread) on his 73 Camaro, 18x12 Forgelines with 335/30/18s and they measure right at 13" sidewall to sidewall using our tire machine's calipers. They look really wide. Here's a link to a couple photos... Speedtech Performance Photo Gallery; Jay's 73 Camaro

On the other hand Blake's 315-30-18 Falken Azenis' on 18x11.5 Forgeline wheels measure right at 12" wide sidewall to sidewall with the same calipers and clearly don't look as wide. Technically a 315 should only be 2 centimeters thinner than a 335, but wheel size and tire mfgs inability to read a ruler the same make for different real world overall widths.
      We sell some really cool parts, build cool cars, and do cool concept renderings too!
      My Pumkinator build thread- https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ght=pumkinator

1971 Nova Build ??

Ok, I've gotten a few responses from members with measurements regarding the various 335/30/18 sizes out there. Have to say thanks to all that responded because I've decide to stay with the 335's after all and when work slows down going to finish up mini tubes and start ordering my wheels and tires. Want to share with everyone what I found out so they don't go through what I've been going through wondering if or not are they going to fit. Have four brands so you guys make your decision in what to run.

1) BFG TA KDW 335/30/18 with
      18x12 wheel mounted side wall
      to side wall comes in at = 13 1/8
      +-
      2) BFG RIVALS 335/30/18
      w/18x12 wheel side wall to
      side wall comes in at = 13 1/8 +-

* these two above now are on back order and hard to come by now a days :( which bites

3) Michelin Pilot Sport
      335/30/18 without
      wheel side wall to side wall comes
      in at = 13 1/8 +-
      * this tire is available but is on the pricey side and have many sizes available like 265mm, 275mm for the fronts.

4) Pirelli P Zero Rosso
      335/30/18 without wheel side
      side wall to side wall comes in
      at = 14 1/8 +-
      * really WIDE tire for those who can fit it

Anyways hope this helps others cause it really helped me out. Until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiquee71 View Post
      Ok, I've gotten a few responses from members with measurements regarding the various 335/30/18 sizes out there. Have to say thanks to all that responded because I've decide to stay with the 335's after all and when work slows down going to finish up mini tubes and start ordering my wheels and tires. Want to share with everyone what I found out so they don't go through what I've been going through wondering if or not are they going to fit. Have four brands so you guys make your decision in what to run.

1) BFG TA KDW 335/30/18 with
      18x12 wheel mounted side wall
      to side wall comes in at = 13 1/8
      +-
      2) BFG RIVALS 335/30/18
      w/18x12 wheel side wall to
      side wall comes in at = 13 1/8 +-

* these two above now are on back order and hard to come by now a days :( which bites

3) Michelin Pilot Sport
      335/30/18 without
      wheel side wall to side wall comes
      in at = 13 1/8 +-
      * this tire is available but is on the pricey side and have many sizes available like 265mm, 275mm for the fronts.

4) Pirelli P Zero Rosso
      335/30/18 without wheel side
      side wall to side wall comes in
      at = 14 1/8 +-
      * really WIDE tire for those who can fit it

Anyways hope this helps others cause it really helped me out. Until then.

I had a 335/30/18 KDW on my car and they were 13 1/8" on a 12" wheel. Then I mounted a 335/30/18 Rival on the 12" and its 13 1/2" so I now have 315 on a 12" and it 13 1/8"
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad94 View Post
      I had a 335/30/18 KDW on my car and they were 13 1/8" on a 12" wheel. Then I mounted a 335/30/18 Rival on the 12" and its 13 1/2" so I now have 315 on a 12" and it 13 1/8"
      That's what I'm talking about, how you go from one tire to the other and it can mean you going to a smaller tire. One of the members that chimed in was using the BFG Rival on a 12'' rim that measured 13 1/8'', hmm guess rims play a role in this too. Thanks for sharing Bad94, would like to see some pics of your ride.

This is an awesome build.

Some of you guys make bodywork look like a 3yr old could do it.........

Quote Originally Posted by Kiquee71 View Post
      That's what I'm talking about, how you go from one tire to the other and it can mean you going to a smaller tire. One of the members that chimed in was using the BFG Rival on a 12'' rim that measured 13 1/8'', hmm guess rims play a role in this too. Thanks for sharing Bad94, would like to see some pics of your ride.

Here my build thread.
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...n-at-a-project
      1972 Nova Ridetech, Forgeline, Falken Tires, Wilwood, Bowler Performance Transmission, Lingenfelter Performance Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by rchaskin View Post
      This is an awesome build.

Some of you guys make bodywork look like a 3yr old could do it.........
      Let me tell you rchaskin, this is not bodywork lol this is metal fabrication and I can handle that. Now working with wood, I'm lost. The real bodywork I will leave to the guys that do it so well, they make it look so easy.

Bad94, I remeber reading you build awsome. Your build made me think that if he can do it, so can I lol.

1971 Nova Build ??

I know I've been out of the scene with this project, but work finally slowed down. I was able to finish the wheel tubs and I must say after all the work involved my triceps, biceps and wrists had enough working that grinder in that small space lol. Also have the ridetech fuel fill cap on its way so I can fabricate that in place and going to start on deleting the side marker lights. Sometime next week going to talk to a guy about some wheels and have to say making a decision on wheels suck. Oh I've included a teaser pic of some mock up tires. Happy Easter

looking good!!
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Looks great! Keep up the good work. I've been trying to build mine for 7 years and life is always getting in the way. Hope mine turns out as nice as yours is.

Yeaaaah buddy! Looks fantastic Big meats are a good thing!

1971 Nova Build ??

Thanks you for the compliments.

I understand what you mean Tom091074, I don't think anyone can avoid those life's moments when you have to put things on hold. Have patience, don't lose that drive and you'll have yourself a nice ride.

Hey Ben, yea the tires look awesome under there. After cleaning out my garage of all that metal, dust and trash I decided to throw the tires underneath Tires are 325/30/19 and fit really good. I hope that when I speak to the wheel guy that I settle on a wheel. Will see.

So you are running the 325/30/19 now? What's the width of those off rim? I'm going in the morning to get a set of 335/30/18's and I'd like to run the 345/30/19 if possible, just curious as to what the difference is between the ones you have listed and the ones in the pictures?
      Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom091074 View Post
      So you are running the 325/30/19 now? What's the width of those off rim? I'm going in the morning to get a set of 335/30/18's and I'd like to run the 345/30/19 if possible, just curious as to what the difference is between the ones you have listed and the ones in the pictures?
      Yes I'm going with the 325/30/19 cause the guy I'm going to be dealing with about the wheels only make 19" wheels and above. I bought some old tires that you see in the photo from a guy who took them off his Z06 corvette, they are Goodyears and they measure 13-1/2" side wall to side wall and no wheel. They fit with about 1/2" clearance on each side, I'll be running a 19x11.5 wheel with Michelin PSS tires. Not sure about the 345/30/19. The difference is the diameter of wheel I'm going with, that's all. Hope this helps.

1971 Nova Build ??

I just bought a set of 335/30/18s like new cheap so I'll make them fit and run 18s. I'll measure them when I get home.
      Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tom091074 View Post
      I just bought a set of 335/30/18s like new cheap so I'll make them fit and run 18s. I'll measure them when I get home.
      Hey Tom, glad you got a good deal on them. what brand are those tires you bought? Let us know what those measurements are.

1971 Nova Build ??

They are pilot sport ps2's and I'm getting 14 1/8 not mounted sidewall to sidewall.
      Tom

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com