Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

So no Southern Slam this year?

I know the Southern Slam is off of DSE's calendar, but is an event of any sort still being held there(CMP) this year? It seems the reconfiguring of the current series' has created some scheduling changes.
      Robert's 1969 Camaro - 2002 LS1/T56, 10pt cage, Global West Stage III front suspension, HTH truck arm rear suspension, Sprint Cup 9" full-floating rear end, Fikse Mach V 17" up front 18" in the back and still working on it...

I noticed that as well.

It was not on the public radar last year for a while either....

I hope they do it again. I personally would like to see it ran in reverse this year.

Autocross all day Saturday, open track 1/2 day on Sunday.

Nope, DSE's rep confirmed on Facebook that it's not going to happen this year. Look for the post regarding their schedule and my question, "What, no Southern Slam this year?" The response is right after that.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

I knew it was off of DSE's schedule but was wondering if the event itself would still happen. I looked on CMP's website but their calender doesn't list anything past January. I'm getting a little confused differing between the American Streetcar Series and the Ultimate Streetcar Association.
      Robert's 1969 Camaro - 2002 LS1/T56, 10pt cage, Global West Stage III front suspension, HTH truck arm rear suspension, Sprint Cup 9" full-floating rear end, Fikse Mach V 17" up front 18" in the back and still working on it...

Watch for a complete event calendar on Pro-Touring.com very soon. It will have all the events listed, who the organizers are and info. It will help a LOT with the overall picture of the year.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Yes it will Larry - Thanks for doing that!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

I was at DSE's shop and Jet Hot over the weekend, and they both confirmed that it was off for this year.
      Mills
      No Shop, No time, No Money, but somehow still making progress!
      -67 RS Camaro -99 Supra ski boat
      -00 Trans AM WS6 -99 Toyota 4Runner workhorse
      -05 Z51 Vette Convertable

For those that would like to run at CMP this season you can always come run your car with NASA. We will have an event at CMP May 17-18 where you can run your car in HPDE, Time Trials or racing, depending of course on your level and your car's prep.
      We will also be running our Outlaw Vintage group in the races, hope to see some of you make it out.

http://outlaw-vintage-racing.com/

http://nasa-se.com/2014May17.php

that's a shame as that was a great event from a spectator / comradery standpoint

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com