Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      I definitely need some education in this department. Looked at a bunch of cars today ranging from all sorts of conditions. I was thinking I would find a good driver paint decent car today for a decent price...didn't happen.

I looked at a grey plane Jane that just had a horrible paint job. There was sand and dirt in it, waves and runs all over! The motor looked totally stock and 40 years old. The seats were torn, the dash had a cap on it and he was stuck on $10K

Looked at others that needed full interior, ok engine, ok paint, some rust but $12-$14K

The supposedly "restored" Camaro...Dash was not installed right, the dash bezel was broken, the vents were gone, the doors wouldn't close, the windows wouldn't close, The spoiler was molded into the body and had a large chip broken off, the paint had large runs, the engine hesitated to start and the lowest he would go was $12,500.

Are those good prices? Am I just expecting too much for the $$?

I just don't want to get burned by over paying.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Help! 1970-73 Camaro Values??

It's really hard to find the car when your set on landing one immediately. You obviously understand what not to buy and that's hugely important. When your gut says run, do it. I'd say just give it a little time and you probably will stumble across the right one when you least expect it. Can't emphasis enough - and you seem to already know - set your goal on a straight original complete car as we all know body work and paint and sourcing parts will eat anybody alive. There are little old lady straight six cars still out there just waiting for LS power and stance!
      Brian

68lovebuzz
      68 Camaro, LS6, TKO 600, Moser 12 bolt 3.73 W/Eaton LSD, hotchkis/bilstein, KORE3 C5 brakes, RUSHFORTHs and a few other tweaks ; )

Everyone wants more than their cars are worth some dude wanted 16k for a rusted baby blue six cylinder 69 camaro another dude wanted 22k for a 73 camaro with a spray paint paint Job and a 350 out of a wrecked van I got mine for 3k clean title check my build thread all you have to do is wait I know it's frustrating trust me I only has 4k at the time and wanted one so bad good deals come to those who negotiate and point out everything wrong with whatever your buying bad paint Job point it and say it'll cost you xx amount to repaint bad seats again say how much it'll cost you to redo and if they say we'll it's classic it'll be worth a lot say yea it'll be worth what your asking fighting for a good deal is crucial!

Quote Originally Posted by 71maroesteban View Post
      Everyone wants more than their cars are worth some dude wanted 16k for a rusted baby blue six cylinder 69 camaro another dude wanted 22k for a 73 camaro with a spray paint paint Job and a 350 out of a wrecked van I got mine for 3k clean title check my build thread all you have to do is wait I know it's frustrating trust me I only has 4k at the time and wanted one so bad good deals come to those who negotiate and point out everything wrong with whatever your buying bad paint Job point it and say it'll cost you xx amount to repaint bad seats again say how much it'll cost you to redo and if they say we'll it's classic it'll be worth a lot say yea it'll be worth what your asking fighting for a good deal is crucial!

The problem I seem to running into are these local "gas monkey garage" folks. They are picking these cars up and flipping them. They have owned the car for a short period of time, put a few dollars into it a shotty paint job and charging a premium. I told one guy about all the stuff wrong with his "restored" car and you get the " I have this much into it"... It's BS.

Those guys like live on craigslist !!
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Help! 1970-73 Camaro Values??

I have had so many flakelist flake out on me. I almost always use the autotrader online these days when looking for cars. Seems always more legit. They have a decent app for smart phones too. I feel your pain.
      Brian

68lovebuzz
      68 Camaro, LS6, TKO 600, Moser 12 bolt 3.73 W/Eaton LSD, hotchkis/bilstein, KORE3 C5 brakes, RUSHFORTHs and a few other tweaks ; )

Quote Originally Posted by 68lovebuzz View Post
      I have had so many flakelist flake out on me. I almost always use the autotrader online these days when looking for cars. Seems always more legit. They have a decent app for smart phones too. I feel your pain.

Yeah...I know people are charging too much money, seems as though quite a few cars have been on CL for a month+ and still for sale. Hopefully a good one pops up here on the site so I can give a member the $$$.
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Quote Originally Posted by badazz81z28 View Post
      Yeah...I know people are charging too much money, seems as though quite a few cars have been on CL for a month+ and still for sale. Hopefully a good one pops up here on the site so I can give a member the $$$.
      Man! About worn out looking for a car.....
      1970 Camaro/DSE build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com