Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

G-body front suspension help

Right now I have factory front but want to upgrade to ridetech truturn setup. Questions I have is more about the 98-05? S blazer spindle swap for the c5 brake upgrade. Im going to try and find these spindles next couple of weeks but don't want to if they will not work with ridetech goodies. Are the mounting spots in the same location? Is there really any difference in the spindles other than the s blazer uses a sealed hub and will allow the c5 brakes? Trying not to brake the bank on this car.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by jbake View Post
      Right now I have factory front but want to upgrade to ridetech truturn setup. Questions I have is more about the 98-05? S blazer spindle swap for the c5 brake upgrade. Im going to try and find these spindles next couple of weeks but don't want to if they will not work with ridetech goodies. Are the mounting spots in the same location? Is there really any difference in the spindles other than the s blazer uses a sealed hub and will allow the c5 brakes? Trying not to brake the bank on this car.
      The blazer spindle will swap anywhere the G-body spindle will. Should work for what you want to do.
      Luke
      '63 Chevy II wagon - project

This is the set up I had made up a few years ago. I uses the 98+ blazer spindles, corvette 13" rotor, and Trailblazer EXT calipers. Also a bracket I designed to make it all work.
      Name:  DSC02456.JPG
Views: 2345
Size:  58.4 KBName:  DSC02447.JPG
Views: 1655
Size:  136.3 KB

Yes, the ZQ8 spindles are a plug and play replacement for the standard G body spindles. We have many clients using them over the years with our Stage 2-Plus package. http://scandc.com/new/node/47 The TruTurn has much milder geometry but should work with that spindle also.

Thank you Marcus. Sorry for the delay. Life keeps getting in the way of my toys! I've been torn between your setup and the ridetech. Was looking at the ridetech over yours do the the ability for a wider front tire. Want to run 255 in front and 275 in rear. How wide of rim and tire can I run on your setup? You are the man when it comes to our G-bodys. Thanks for the help.
      Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Country Flag: Canada
      Kore3 has adapters for the C5/blazer spindle swap - they're not listed on their site but Tobin set me up.
      Tyson
      '95 Firebird Formula: suspension + 315's
      '66 Mustang Coupe, 289

Hey Jbake- Blake here at Speedtech runs a 275-35-18 on the front of his Grand National. It has Speedtech Uppers and lowers, and AFX spindles. The spindle should mount the wheel in the same position as the stock or S10 spindle. Wheels are 18x9 with 6" BS. He has the 14" rotor/ 6 piston caliper brake package we sell. There isn't any contact between the wheel/ tire and the control arms. Some slight rubbing on the rear part of the tire and the frame at full lock. The GN is dropped about 2". Blake still has the inner fender wells in it.

My Cutlass wagon car runs the SPC uppers (bought from Mark before I began working for Speedtech, ) and Speedtech lowers. I use the stock spindle with LS '98-02 12" brakes. My car is lowered about 3". Wheels/ tires are 275-40-17s on 17x9.5s with 5.5 BS and a 10mm spacer to help my wheels clear the calipers. It rubs very slightly at the back of the tire and frame at full lock. As low as it is the inner wheel wells were toast long ago and they were pulled out. With 255 40s on the same wheels it didn't rub the frame at all.

Funny thing about G-bodies, they all have different fender lips so what may work on one may rub on another. Either way, depending on what wheel you run and the thickness of the rotor you use (which will affect offset somewhat) 255s up front shouldn't rub at all.
      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

SRD on Facebook

79 Cutlass wagon build

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com