Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

454 cam recommendations

had my 454 rebuilt, got it back in the car, broke it in, and noticed a lack of power and a lot of clacking in the next week or so. pulled the valve covers and readjusted valve lash, definitely wiped out lobes on 1 and 6. cant remember what the specs were that the machine shop put in but after break in it had a nice lope at idle sounded good. not looking for anything crazy I have a 2,250 stall with a 400 trans. any suggestions? the cam that's in it is a melling hydraulic flat tappet, I would like to go roller but they are crazy expensive.

Country Flag: United States
      Mutha-Thumper cams arent so bad, just do a VERY detailed cleaning of the hydraulic roller lifters.
      http://www.summitracing.com/parts/cc...make/chevrolet
      Jump too 1.8 rockers for more lift.
      Not too bad, my buddy has one in a 496, pretty good sounding cam
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Country Flag: Wales
      I would call the cam shaft company you like .( I picked a comp cam).tell them what you want the car to do street driving, racing, And idle quality and vacuum requirements. I also recommend zddplus oil additive Good luck
      ''Courage is being scared to death
      - But saddling up anyway''.......John Wayne...

Anthony

Country Flag: Canada
      My experience with the guys when I purchased my Voodoo roller was really great. Told them what I have and they made recommendations on what would work best. I have to say that I was floored with the power that it made and it was well past what I was expecting out of a plain little SBC. Give a call cause it costs you nothing to check them out. BTW, the guys who build engines where I live all use Lunati cams and their advice so it must be something with these guys. Also had my cam in under a week from recommendation to delivery.

http://www.lunatipower.com/Category.aspx?id=56
      Todd
      '14 ZL1, 6 speed and 6.2L of Super Charged Awesome!
      '67 Camaro SS in process. A long, slow, expensive trip...

How hard can it be...

Project Obsession
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ject-Obsession

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com