Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      I uploaded a short video to Facebook of the Shockwaves cycling. I also put it up on our Instagram page (TCI_Engineering) if you don't have Fb.

https://www.facebook.com/Total.Cost....type=2&theater

-J
      www.totalcostinvolved.com
      "Quality doesn't cost, it pays"

Our shop is busy and full leading up to SEMA so we teamed up with Mark Oja from Custom Rod Garage to help us test fit our IFS on a Square body. This is Mark's personal truck. It is a low mileage, 3rd owner truck that is completely unmolested.

The frame rails are taller on the Square body so we will need to rework the upper shock mount and our inner frame plate.

The top of the rail is also narrower on the Square body.

So we took a ton of measurements and pictures and we will rework the necessary pieces and try again.

-J

Here is a preview of the Installation Manual for the IFS. I am still working with R&D to come up with a simple way to cut the early ('63-'66) inner panels to clear the shock mount.

http://www.totalcostinvolved.com/pdf...Suspension.pdf

-J

I got a 67 swb chevy and am deciding between buying a whole new frame or getting something like this. does the rear torque arm listed on your site allow for bigger tires? or would it be the same sizes if the frame was stock? I know cutting the bed is needed. thanks, Kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by okyankee View Post
      I got a 67 swb chevy and am deciding between buying a whole new frame or getting something like this. does the rear torque arm listed on your site allow for bigger tires? or would it be the same sizes if the frame was stock? I know cutting the bed is needed. thanks, Kenny.
      Kenny,

Yes, our kit will allow a wider wheel/tire package with the tubs/bed opened up. We are still confirming a bunch of details at this point so as more info gets passed to me I will post it here.

-J

thanks. I appreciate it.

Pricing for the new Torque Arm kit has been released.

http://www.totalcostinvolved.com/p/1...y-bar-ton-only

-J

Will you have your shop truck out competing at events in '15? And/or, have you guys drove one of these yet?

Quote Originally Posted by H8rDave View Post
      Will you have your shop truck out competing at events in '15? And/or, have you guys drove one of these yet?
      The last few months have been so busy that were way behind schedule on the C10. We hope to have it drivable by sometime in January now. About a month ago we realized things weren't progressing how they should so we got one of our dealers involved so they're building one as well. Their truck should be up and running any day now.

-J

*drooool***.....I want one... I like it. I love that it is very "bolt on" with little modification. I hate when I buy something "bolt on" and about the third step in I need to get out my torches :-) you guys are making awesome stuff here keep it up.
      Welding is a lot like sex, you don't have to be great with the rod as long as you thoroughly prep the surface and your good at grinding

My build : 68 C10 Short Bed Conversion

quick question, with the rear being coil over, you have eliminated the need for the trailing arms, does that mean you have gotten rid of the trailing arm x-member also? And if so, what would you estimate the weight savings being?

edit: oh... never mind, went through again and saw the link arms
      Welding is a lot like sex, you don't have to be great with the rod as long as you thoroughly prep the surface and your good at grinding

My build : 68 C10 Short Bed Conversion

7 month bump.......

We're back on our project C10. The new bed sides are on and we've began cutting/modifying to fit some massive rubber out back.

-J

Slowly making progress on fixing all the rust issues and filling holes.

Mocked up some Doug's Headers on the LSx. They seem to fit perfectly. These headers are for a Chevelle. Part# D3336-R

-J
      Last edited by Sales-TCI-Eng; 09-01-2015 at 08:41 AM.

Looking really good. I like those tubs. It's a lot more work than just throwing in some store bought ones but is definitely worth the effort! Just to note I have used both,bought and built my own tubs. Just depends on the project. Looks great can't wait to see more progress.

I know it's been a while since a real update on our shop truck. Unfortuantely, we've just had too many new development projects lately so the truck has been collecting dust. So recently I approached Ed the owner and Sal the VP about spending my lunch and breaks working on the truck. This led to a situation where I would work towards finishing it and eventually it would be available for me to purchase. I've been wanting one for a long time so I am hopeful this will work out.

So anyways, with some freedom to proceed how I choose I began to mock up some things. First and foremost I put some shock simulators in place to mimick full compression of the 5.2" travel ridetech coilovers. Then I placed some wheel simulators in place mimicking 26" tall tires. I know this is probably less than what some may run but I plan to run 18x12 wheels all the way around with a 315/30/18 Falken tire which is 25.5".

Here is a pic with the frame at full compression.

The frame under the front cab mount is 5" off the ground.

Something that has been lingering in the back of my head is the original upper shock mounts we made for the front end. The engineers ditched this design early on because the truck sat too low. Basically the inner fender had to be raised with them so they felt our kit wouldn't go this route. Anyways, we still have a couple of the original design mounts sitting in a box. There is roughly 2.5" difference in height between these.

The rear axle sits above the frame so 1.25" bump stops are usually utilized.

So, I will try to keep this thread updated a little more often. It will be slow though since it will only be an hour or so at a time.

On a sidenote, we began designing the Squarebody rear suspension.

Last edited by Sales-TCI-Eng; 06-01-2017 at 08:22 AM.

With the power this thing is going to make, we're going to need a strong foundation. I'll work on the back half next week.

Worked on the rear boxing plates. I removed the standard bolt-on frame plate that comes with the Torque Arm kit and placed it on top of the rail. I don't need to step the rails that far to get the desired ride height but it was a good starting point.

The frame is countoured in this area so I will have to put two bends in the new boxing plate to match the frame. R&D is really busy right now so I might not wait for them to draw these up and cut them on the plasma table. I might just trace and cut them out with the hand held plasma. Sure it's dirty but I am trying to get this thing back to a roller by the Brothers Truck Show.

Last edited by Sales-TCI-Eng; 06-08-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Sending the frame rails out to get sand blasted. I've got a lot of work to do before the Brothers Truck Show.

We placed a rather large order with Holley and parts are starting to show up.

These 83 lb/hr injectors will likely be too small for what I've got planned. But it'll get us started on pump gas.

I've got some ideas for a coil mount that involves the valley cover. The intake manifold hasn't arrived yet so that'll have to wait.

Coil harness adapter for a factory type engine harness

Messing around with coil mounts options today. The intake manifold is still in transit so this could all be futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sales-TCI-Eng View Post

These 83 lb/hr injectors will likely be too small for what I've got planned. But it'll get us started on pump gas.
      Really??? What are you guys planning??? Something with E85 and 800+ horsepower?
      -Mitch
      G8 GXP, White Hot, Auto, bone stock
      68 Firebird, 428 Pontiac, CNC'd KRE Al d-ports, hyd roller, EFI, TKO600, TCI Eng complete chassis, Ridetech, Kore3 C6Z brakes, C5Z 18" with 315 rivals x4, C6zr1 mufflers
      RRR, NASA HPDE https://youtu.be/DPp1l9-FuNE

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com