Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Power steering and ac for ford coyote

Not sure if this is where to post this but didn't seem to fit anywhere. Name:  kit_66302000.1pop.jpg
Views: 3304
Size:  57.0 KB this is the set up from KRC. Looks like a pretty clean set up my only concern is the added load or stress on the water pump.

This is Vintage Air's set upName:  174020-ford-coyote-front-runner-drive-system-with-power-steering.jpg
Views: 1883
Size:  28.4 KBruns off the crank pulley.

Anybody have any experience with either or opinions on which would be a better one to buy?

I really like the KRC pump.

I have used the Vintage Air unit. Installation was easy and belt alignment is right on.
      Running AC with the KRC unit might be a challenge.

Dale
      Dales Restoration
      San Berdoo

Country Flag: Canada
      I have the Ford system. Belt alignment was right on, but like some other systems, no AC.

Quote Originally Posted by tigerracer View Post
      I have used the Vintage Air unit. Installation was easy and belt alignment is right on.
      Running AC with the KRC unit might be a challenge.

Dale
      Dales Restoration
      San Berdoo
      Thanks Dale good to hear from somebody that has tried it, I talked with a guy who swapped a coyote in a Galaxie and they liked it also. They had a pile of coyote flywheels for sale at swap meet is how I met him. AC with the KRC unit uses stock coyote compressor, biggest challenge is nobody makes an adapter for lines yet that I know of and so you have to find stock lines and weld ends on

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mc Mahon View Post
      I have the Ford system. Belt alignment was right on, but like some other systems, no AC.
      I looked at that set up Peter. The advantage of the ford system is I could run a stock ford pump making power steering lines easier but I kinda want ac in this truck. I don't have ps or ac or defrost in my street rod so I'm the only one who drives that, and would like my wife and daughter to drive this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
      I really like the KRC pump.
      I really like your falcon, if I could have found a 63 I would have built that back in the 80s instead of all the mustangs, Are you running a KRC pump?

I have a KRC pump now. My first test drive was last Sunday.

I went with the KRC set up I'm very happy with it so far even ended up running a hydroboost out of a 2004 super duty. I got the reserve used from a nascar car.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com