Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1970 impala project.

Hello im new and I just purchased a nice 1970 impala it needs some work but is in pretty good shape. I have a set of 15x7.cragar as wheels I want to put on it but was a bigger tire in the rear and smaller up front but not sure what size to go with. Without modifying the car any any info would be greatly appreciated here are a few pics of the car its all original and has been stored since 1991 I have been driving the car a lot and is real fun to drive.

Country Flag: France
      Hi Dave,
      Welcome, nice Impala you have here !

I think max size with 7x15 is 235, it's what I have on my Bird.
      If you want smaller in front 215 could also fit.
      But why not 235 or even 225 four corners ?
      Seems you have plenty of room.

What is the original size mount ? Better to know it to try to convert the thickness with the 15". If not done well you'll be like me (thanks previous owner), cruising 43.50 mph speedometer is 55.92 mph real speed.

Gil

Depending on the offset, you should be able to fit a 255 in the rear. Anything less will fit in the front.

I don't know the offset of the rims I will have to find out. It has I think 215 on the back now and 205s up front I'd probably put 215 or 225 up front and a 255 or 265 in the rear if it fits.

Well in strapped for cash right now so its pretty much whatever I can find used or at the junkyard would like 255s in the rear and 225 up front but will take a 215 up front or if all I can find I'll take the the same size all the way around I gotta find the right size lug nuts for my unilug cragers so I can put them on. Should take your eyes away from the surface rust til I get it primed

Started cleaning up a few things and getting some paint on it painted the tank silver gonna do the frame satin black along with the inner wheel wells.

So I found some tires 215 75 15s for the front and 235 75 15 for the rear should look good

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com