Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      What did you start with for the bed floor?
      We ended up just getting a new bed floor to cut up. It was cheaper, faster, and looked better than making the pieces from scratch.

Country Flag: United States
      Awesome build so far. love the bed divider. Those help on trips to the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by driveit View Post
      Awesome build so far. love the bed divider. Those help on trips to the grocery store.
      Goodguys will be driving this truck all over the country, and it needed to retain as much bed as possible. Had we raised the whole entire floor, I probably would have gotten an nasty-gram e-mailed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech@Scotts View Post
      Goodguys will be driving this truck all over the country, and it needed to retain as much bed as possible. Had we raised the whole entire floor, I probably would have gotten an nasty-gram e-mailed to me.
      Have any idea if it will be in KY at any point?

Quote Originally Posted by driveit View Post
      Have any idea if it will be in KY at any point?
      I have no idea. I'm sure it will be ato some point though.

Here's an update for today.

Been doing a lot of work on the bed, so I figured I'd wait till it was mostly done. I have a bunch more I'll upload in the a.m.

Enjoy

The taillights from Marquez showed up on Friday and we were anxious to get them in. They look great, just took a bit of work to get them in. It was easier to make a filler panel and then re-cut the opening to get the gaps right. In the end though, they're a sweet taillight bezel. The led's aren't here yet, but I'll post some pics when they get in.

We also made a filler panel to take up the gap in the bed and tailgate. The panel unbolts so the tailgate can be removed. It's a little detail that won't really be seen, but it creates a nice look, so it's worth doing.

The interior is starting to be put back together.

We removed all of the inner sheet metal part sin order to make sure there was zero rust hiding. Good thing we did too, because there was a ton. Now it's time for it to all be put back in, as well as a new trans and driveshaft tunnel.

Because the corner pillars were pied, there's going to be just a tab bit of massaging to get the inner panel to line back up. Not much though.

Since this truck sits so low, the trans and driveshaft tunnel are going to be more car like, than truck like.

We also wanted to make sure there was plenty of room around the trans to work on it. We all assume the winner of this truck is going to drive it likes it's meant to be, so at some point, it'll need some kind of service. Nothing worse that trying work on a show vehicle that's not built to be worked on. There's ample hand room in there.

Since the truck is getting pulled apart at this stage for paint and what not, The guys rolled it outside. This was the last time for me to see the truck or take any pics of it in bare metal.
      The final ride height is still not set, but it's pretty close at this point. Just a little bit of leveling and setting the stance now.

The truck is awesome! You guys do top shelf work, lucky ******* is the one who wins this thing!

This is a very inspirational build. Is there one part that wont be modified?

Quote Originally Posted by C-450 View Post
      This is a very inspirational build. Is there one part that wont be modified?
      Yes the tailgate

Justin

Where did you get those tires?

Thanks for the update. It's always fun to watch progress.

Hey, sorry if you mentioned this elsewhere, but I saw the pictures on Goodguys' facebook page. What color was it painted? I love the look of it and is close to what I want to do my car in.

Quote Originally Posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
      Hey, sorry if you mentioned this elsewhere, but I saw the pictures on Goodguys' facebook page. What color was it painted? I love the look of it and is close to what I want to do my car in.
      The color is a PPG Midnight blue we will put some pics up next week for all to see here

Quote Originally Posted by scottshotrods View Post
      The color is a PPG Midnight blue we will put some pics up next week for all to see here
      This is looking killer! I loved the Eric Black rendering! I thought it was supposed to be a modern take on GM's Lindale blue? Has that changed?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com