Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

race fuel conversion to pump gas

Hey guys I have a quick question. I found my fathers dream car he has been wanting since he was a younger man, a 1972 Chevelle. Its got new paint, gorgeous interior and no rust at an affordable price for what these cars are, his birthday is coming up so my family is thinking of getting it for him. Ive had many classic cars but they've been just daily drivers or weekend cruisers to have fun with and learn some work along the way. But here's where my knowledge does not stretch. RACING FUEL. The guy selling it has a 427 in it that runs on race fuel. In the ad he specifies that It will tun on pump gas but wont like it. My question to you is are there any ways to convert a race fuel engine over to just pump gas? Ive had great difficulty finding it out but nothing. Would it require a change in the fuel delivery system? Would it be taking off some parts and adding different ones? Or would there be no way of changing it over? I would appreciate any help. Thank you

I always tell others to take the high road, that way there's more room for me on the low road

Erik Peterson
      1986 Monte Carlo SS Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...6-Nascarlo-2-0