Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Parts thief

Parts thief

Had a package stolen off my porch yesterday. He watched the fed ex guy drop it off and walked in exactly 10 min after he left. Filed a police report but I doubt I will ever hear anything back although they did stop by to pick up the video. Luckly it was just a lizard skin spray gun and not the coil overs that are scheduled to be delivered today. Anyone else ever have this happen? Did Fed Ex do anything?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfyLP...ature=youtu.be

Country Flag: United States
      That was pretty ballsy considering it was in Texas.
      Aldin
      1969 Camaro (Weapon of Choice) in the works

Didn't even close the gate...*******!
      Jim S.
      67 RS
      "driver "

I've never had it happen, but you may want to have "signature required" placed on your packages from now on. It can be an inconvienence sometimes, but well worth it.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Quote Originally Posted by csouth View Post
      I've never had it happen, but you may want to have "signature required" placed on your packages from now on. It can be an inconvienence sometimes, but well worth it.
      You can bet this !@#$@#$ will be back!
      Jim S.
      67 RS
      "driver "

Quote Originally Posted by Quickboat View Post
      You can bet this !@#$@#$ will be back!
      Yea, and I'd be hunkered down just inside the door with the Glock out and ready...
      Mark:
      "Bad Ast" Astro Van. Just because I did it... Doesn't mean it's possible...
      This my Bad Ast thread...
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...roject-Faze-II
      This is my Fotki album...
      http://astroracer.fotki.com/

Country Flag: Canada
      Gotta hate a thief!
      Used to be known as 455regal

I work from home most of the time and get my packages as soon as they show up. Im gonna to keep an for the guy for a day or two then print flyers with his picture on them and post them up and down the street. We live on a busy street thus the fence so I am pretty sure he is a frequent traveler down the street.

that sucks!! hope you catch the dude!!

Damn that sucks! You gotta get them like this guy:

We had a package stolen a few years ago. And a set of 10 hole Mustang wheels the same day, I had just set them outside that day because they were in my way.

UPS, didn't do anything for us.

But, my regular UPS guy will hide things for me now. He won't put them in plain sight of the street. He also said that around the Holidays, people watch for delivery's and do these kinds of things. This happened a few weeks before X-mas.

What a scumbag, nothing worse!! I stopped having stuff delivered to the house for this very reason. If you ship stuff out from time to time then get to know the owner/manager of your local UPS store and have stuff shipped there. UPS/FEDX guy goes there anyway, and at least its safer then leaving it on your doorstep. Best of luck catching the guy..
      Jack~

1969 Camaro Convertible - In Progress.

Body Mods, LSx TT Setup, T56, 4 Link, Lowered, the works.

I would go back on the shipper/seller or Fedex for the insurance or refund.

The SHIPPER determines the type of delivery and filing the claim is THEIR PROBLEM as they determine the conditions of shipping & delivery. Sitting a box on any front porch does not constitute delivery. Video or not!

Would it be your problem if the Fedex man left the box on the wrong porch? No. He delivered the package but not to the intended recipient. Same situation here. He delivered the package but not to the intended recipient. By leaving the box unattended there is no way to confirm proper delivery to the intended recipient.

Start a claim with the seller/shipper!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

You have to request a signature. If you don't, they leave it on the porch or by the front door. Unless you state that you want it left with a neighbor or elsewhere.

In our situation the seller got paid, my room mate got nothing in return.

You have to request a signature. If you don't, they leave it on the porch or by the front door. Unless you state that you want it left with a neighbor or elsewhere.

In our situation the seller got paid, my room mate got nothing in return.

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      Quote Originally Posted by cwylie View Post
      I work from home most of the time and get my packages as soon as they show up. Im gonna to keep an for the guy for a day or two then print flyers with his picture on them and post them up and down the street. We live on a busy street thus the fence so I am pretty sure he is a frequent traveler down the street.
      Good idea, plaster that everywhere..the store, Church, every restraunt with in 5 miles.

I always get to know my delivery guys, I have them trained "no one home don't leave it".

Looks like one of those guys that walks around and puts fliers on your porch.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      dup
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

Yeah I have talked to my UPS and Fed Ex guy and told them not to leave it unless I am here which I am most of the time since I work from home. Fed Ex did have a new spray guy sent to me which was nice. The detective called me since I filed a police report and said he was going to send out the picture to the guys that work in the area. If nothing else at least the guys that work my area will know what happened and know my house now.

Man that sucks out loud...

I own and run an Independant Mail and Parcel Store. Situations like lost packages that were considered "delivered" to residential addresses without an obtained signature are common and dealt with in a variety of ways by the carriers. I've filed claims and had them paid and I've filed claims and had them refused, just depends the shipper's relationship with the carrier and the CSR's mood that particular day.

The only way to really avoid this is to stipulate "signature only" which usually happens also automatically if a declared value is put on a package to a residence. Large, heavy volume mail order shippers don't like to do this as it costs everyone money having to re-attempt delivery to residences to get a signature.

It is my believe that Summit, Jegs, and those types of shippers that ship large numbers of packages to residences through UPS and Fedex every day have a deal in place with the carriers to take care of customers that have packages stolen after being delivered without a signature. Between the shipper and the carrier they just figure the losses in the cost of doing business. Sounds like this is what happened in cwylie's case.

Individuals shipping items to residences are a different story though, they don't carry the same clout.

To be safe, it's best to have shipments sent to a commercial address...period. We accept packages for people here at our store all the time. If they are regular customers we do it for free, if they aren't we'll still accept them but we put a small charge to do so for our time.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

I have had it happen once & I live in a pretty nice neighborhood. I really think it was my Next Door Neighbor who is a Drunk - he didn't have a use for it, but I think he did it out of spite (we had a Fence Dispute, that he lost). Now I get things shipped to work!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com