• need to deliver it to my house.

33 43.42%
    • need to stick to selling t shirts.

7 9.21%
    Multiple Choice Poll.
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Fast N Loud 1960 Belair

We know their are mixed opinions among us all about the Gas Monkey Garage and Fast n Loud show. With that being said who is interested in seeing the direction of the 1960 1 Owner Bel Air that they are currently building? They posted a short video today that teased us with a suspension and brake system that grabs our attention. We will be watching tonight!

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/fa...mkcpgn=fbdsc34

We know they can build cool stuff if they spend the dough and it sounds like they are spending on this one. Sounds like typical resto mod but I like that so game on. Too bad they got rid of the Caddy. That was a nice cruiser as is.

Fast N Loud 1960 Belair

I take the show for what it is, entertainment. Good show with good driver builds.

They seem awful spoiled...I watch the show for entertainment....

73 Maverick Grabber Project

My never ending project:
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...hlight=grabber

The show is fun to watch, and a nice break for other car shows out there which are about 10 minutes of tech and 15 minutes of the same products over and over again.
      Fast n Loud provided some nice exposure for ridetech. I am sure the show brings a much wider audience than just car guys. The 60 was one of their nicer builds.
      Stephen

Country Flag: Bosnia Herzegovina
      its much better now they are in the big shop. Great exposure for ridetech and Baleigh. The F40 build was a big turn for them.
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

https://www.pro-touring.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=4&dateline=1323422564
      Follow us on Facebook

i noticed in this episode that the product placement is creeping in more and more. but glad to see ride tech in there. I don't really have a problem with them, they are pretty fun to watch and they do build some cool rides imho.
      Scott
      '66 Chevelle

I like the show although I think the sales are predetermined beforehand. I don't know many businesses that would disclose what they paid for a product.

With that being said it's a great show - beats watching the Kardouchians

Country Flag: Canada
      It's fun to watch, I view it as entertainment.
      I have a few friends who direct reality TV and my younger brother worked on a few early in his career. The one thing they all say about reality television is that it's 95% television and 5% reality.
      Watch it for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuick View Post
      ....... The F40 build was a big turn for them.
      I'm not a big Ferrari fan but that Black Beauty had me drooling.
      I agree, I also watch it for the entertainment value. Even my wife will watch it with me. She likes the "Pretty One" (Richard) and we both get a kick out of Tom. And then there's that beard! Is it real!? LOL

Ken.
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

It's a fun show, and yes, it is TV, not reality; the terms are only ironic (reasonably oxymoronic, if you so choose) when combined. That said, I'm 38 years old, like beer, and spend far too much time working on my old beater. Given the choices out there, the Gas Monkey geeks make up my favorite TV show...

I thought it was cool when they put the LS motor (used) in the Dodge sweptline pickup; putting a crate LS3 into that nice black Chevy thing was just a bit douchey. But hey, so goes a bigger budget (they're pretty much Discovery's biggest show, and sell more ads than the competition)...

I like the show a lot. It seems like they breathe new life into stuff that would have gone to the crusher in another 10 years. The variety is nice as well. They build everyman cruisers out of dusty uncovered junk for a quick turnaround and thats ok with me. I havent seen anything that would be a riddler award winner but im not really into that stuff. I like low-mid budget restmod stuff and they seem to fill that bill nicely. There is also very little drama which is refreshing. Its probably my favorite car show to be honest.
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

I really appreciate this show as well. I'm not into the "drama" they add to some of the builds, but I understand that it has to be included to draw in a certain demographic.

Fast 'n' Loud and Overhaulin are the two best car shows on right now.

Yea I take it for what it is... entertainment.. Funny on the comment of 95% entertainment 5% reality. Case in point... Lizard lick towing? 100% fabricated!! All the fights, and tussles are 100% fake... Big Tuna? or whatever it is called? 100% FAKE!!! I live in Middleton MA which is about 20 minutes north of Gloucester MA where supposibly these tuna boats are out of? Guess what... they do MOST of their filming in Gloucester HARBOR complete with FAKE WAVES, FAKE SEA SPRAY etc etc... they NEVER leave the harbor while filming!!! he he he... I like fast and loud cause I think the guy is funny, also like counting cars but I know to make TV entertaining they need to stage certain things. I dont mind that as long as the builds they do are genuine. I think fast and loud as a niche.. not over the top big expensive builds but good enough for flipping them out and making some cash. I just hope they dont turn into what Jesse James did .... Remember that???? It use to be a TRUE test of skill on a budget when it first started and then turned into a big load of crap with their $5000 dollar budget and meeting that budget factoring in the infamous "FREEBIES" that would be some outrageous parts totaling 1000's of dollars but NOT COUNTED in the budget cause they were FREE from sponsers.... YEA RIGHT WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP@!!!!!

MARK
      TOOFUN

I think I agree. Entertaining for sure.
      RacerX

Great Entertainment.

They are lacking a good "Village Idiot".

Add a good "Village Idiot", Titties and Beer to the show and WOW!

That would be PERFECT Motorhead entertainment!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
      Great Entertainment.

They are lacking a good "Village Idiot".

Add a good "Village Idiot", Titties and Beer to the show and WOW!

That would be PERFECT Motorhead entertainment!
      Does Tom not qualify as the Village idiot? Maybe he's just "Tom Foolery".LOL

Ken
      If there is a hard way to do something, I'll find it!
      My other car is a Vega.

I think they did pretty good with the car. The only part I did not care for was the 20" wheels.

I loved the car. The 20's is what I thought made the car. I'm not a big fan of big inch wheels on muscle cars, but those early impalas just look so right laid down on some big rollers.
      Matt Kenner

68 C10 stepside

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

I just want all the cool sponsored shop equipment ,for my shop!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com